Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
- "MESSIEURS VOUS ETES PRIES DE DECHARGER VOS ARMES AVANT D'ENTRER DANS CET ETABLISSEMENT.
GENTLEMEN ARE KINDLY REQUESTED TO DISCHARGE THEIR WEAPONS BEFORE ENTERING THIS ESTABLISHMENT.
Mme Yvette Coquelot 69 Boulevard des Galantes Paris
1er Janvier 1869"
- —Plaque on the mantelpiece at The Seven Swans.[src]
Madame Yvette Coquelot (fl. 1869) was a French Muggle who presumably ran an establishment in 69 Boulevard des Galantes, in Paris. There was a plaque at The Seven Swans pub in Godric's Hollow requesting patrons to "discharge their weapons before entering", crediting Mme Coquelot as its original owner.
- Yvette is the female form of the name Yves meaning Yew tree.
- Yvette is also Quebec term for a docile obedient housewife who votes against sovereignty  .
- Coquelot is likely a contracted form of the word coquelicot or a variant of coquelet meaning small cockerel or male baby chick . The word coquelicot means "poppy" since poppies are red like a rooster's chest . The French word for rooster is coq.
Also see Yvonne (disambiguation)
- Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows: Part 1 (First appearance)