The Yeti is native to Tibet. It stands up to 15 feet tall, and is a snowy white furred humanoid creature, that may be related to the troll. It fears fire, and skilled wizards should be able to repel it as to be able to escape. The Yeti will attack and eat any thing that it meets, so no witch or wizard has had the opportunity to study it up close yet. Yetis are one of the Wizarding World's worst kept secrets as there had been so many Muggle sightings of the Yeti. Because of this Tibet has one of the worst Wizarding secrecy records, due to its continuing breaches of Clause 73 of the International Statute of Wizarding Secrecy. The International Confederation of Wizards had to place a permanent International Task Force up in the mountains to help control the situation.
The Yeti is also known as Bigfoot or the Abominable Snowman, the Bigfoot variety lives in the Pacific Northwest of the United States. Gilderoy Lockhart taught his second year class about the Yeti, probably using his book Year with the Yeti.
- Harry Potter and the Chamber of Secrets (First mentioned)
- Harry Potter and the Chamber of Secrets (film) (Mentioned only)
- Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows: Part 2 (Mentioned in The Quibbler)
- Fantastic Beasts and Where to Find Them
- Pottermore (Mentioned only)