|Year with the Yeti|
(False) life experiences of Gilderoy Lockhart
Year with the Yeti was a book written by Gilderoy Lockhart, one of his collected works. The book was a required textbook for Lockhart's Defence Against the Dark Arts class during the 1992-1993 school year, one of seven along with Break with a Banshee, Gadding with Ghouls, Holidays with Hags, Travels with Trolls, Voyages with Vampires and Wanderings with Werewolves. In this book, it was revealed how Lockhart supposedly gave a Yeti a headcold, though Lockhart later revealed that he was merely taking credit for the achievements of other wizards. It was also in this book Lockhart indicates that his favourite colour is lilac.
Spella Weekly praised the book, writing, "Heart to Hart with the lovely Lockhart. Bewitching." What Wand also gave it a favourable review, raving, "Lockhart sure can spell. Lock around the clock!" Both quotes were featured on the back of the book's dust jacket.
- Harry Potter and the Chamber of Secrets (First appearance)
- Harry Potter and the Chamber of Secrets (film)
- The Wizarding World of Harry Potter
Notes and references
- ↑ Harry Potter and the Chamber of Secrets - Chapter 4 (At Flourish and Blotts)
- ↑ Harry Potter and the Chamber of Secrets (film) - DVD2 (Required Reading)
- ↑ Harry Potter and the Chamber of Secrets, Chapter 16 (The Chamber of Secrets)
- ↑ Harry Potter and the Chamber of Secrets - Chapter 6 (Gilderoy Lockhart)
- ↑ 5.0 5.1 5.2 The Yak Shack - high resolution scans of authentic Year with the Yeti prop (see this image)