At least some content in this article is derived from information featured in Fantastic Beasts: Cases from the Wizarding World. Spoilers will be present within the article.
- "Another instalment of adventure from Gilderoy Lockhart."
Year with the Yeti by Gilderoy Lockhart is one of the books Lockhart assigns to students in his Defence Against the Dark Arts classes.
In this book, it was revealed how Lockhart supposedly gave a Yeti a headcold, though Lockhart later revealed that he was merely taking credit for the achievements of other wizards. It was also in this book Lockhart indicates that his favourite colour is lilac.
Spella Weekly praised the book, writing, "Heart to Hart with the lovely Lockhart. Bewitching." What Wand also gave it a favourable review, raving, "Lockhart sure can spell. Lock around the clock!" Both quotes were featured on the back of the book's dust jacket.
When investigating a Muggle sighting of a magical creature at the Siren's Rest pub in Wales, Mathilda Grimblehawk and her partner came across a journal with a drawing of a yeti on the front cover. Mathilda's scoffed "I hope this reads better than Lockhart's 'Year with the Yeti'…"
- Harry Potter and the Chamber of Secrets (First appearance)
- Harry Potter and the Chamber of Secrets (film)
- The Wizarding World of Harry Potter
- Fantastic Beasts: Cases from the Wizarding World (Mentioned only)
Notes and references
- ↑ Harry Potter and the Chamber of Secrets, Chapter 4 (At Flourish and Blotts)
- ↑ Harry Potter and the Chamber of Secrets (film) - DVD2 (Required Reading)
- ↑ Harry Potter and the Chamber of Secrets, Chapter 16 (The Chamber of Secrets)
- ↑ Harry Potter and the Chamber of Secrets, Chapter 6 (Gilderoy Lockhart)
- ↑ 5.0 5.1 5.2 The Yak Shack - high resolution scans of authentic Year with the Yeti prop (see this image)
- ↑ Fantastic Beasts: Cases from the Wizarding World - Case 4: Into the Deep, Act 1