- "Wonderbook: Book of Spells is the closest a Muggle can come to a real spellbook. I've loved working with Sony's creative team to bring my spells, and some of the history behind them, to life. This is an extrodinary device that offers a reading experience like no other."
- —J.K. Rowling on Wonderbook: Book of Spells
Wonderbook: Book of Spells is a video game/augmented reality book being created by Sony and J.K. Rowling, released on 13 November, 2012 as part of the Pottermore partnership. Using the Playstation Eye Camera and the Wonderbook technology, Book of Spells provides an augmented reality experience, making it seem as if the events of the book are taking place around you. It is set up as a textbook, providing information on such spells as the Fire-Making Spell, Disarming Charm, Levitation Charm and Unlocking Charm as well as allowing readers to practice said spells. It also provides new content from J.K. Rowling, such as backstory on the book's various spells and new info on creatures. At the end of each chapter, a poem occurs describing a failed Hogwarts students' attempt at the spell in order to teach a lesson in a similar way to Aesop's fables.
Players will be provided with the opportunity to link the game to a Pottermore account.
- Wonderbook: Book of Spells on the Official Playstation website
- Wonderbook: Book of Spells on the U.S. Playstation website
- E3 2012: Wonderbook: Book of Spells Features Writing from J.K. Rowling
Notes and references