WonderWitch is a line of Weasleys' Wizard Wheezes products designed and marketed for witches. Every single one of the products were invented by Fred and George Weasley. Although they were soon banned from Hogwarts School of Witchcraft and Wizardry with the rest of the Weasley Wizard Wheezes products, they could be sent in disguised as ordinary perfume or other such bottled products such as cough potions as a part of the mail order service.
The display in the shop for WonderWitch was “violently pink,” and frequently visited by groups of giggling girls. When Fred showed it to Hermione Granger and Ginny Weasley in the summer of 1996, they both hung back warily. Neither was interested in the cosmetic products or Love Potions, but Ginny ended up purchasing a Pygmy Puff that she had named Arnold. When Romilda Vane asked, Ginny claimed that her brother Ron had a tattoo of a Pygmy Puff.
Known WonderWitch Products
- A range of Love Potions that induce infatuation in the drinker for up to twenty-four hours, depending on the weight of the boy and attractiveness of the girl in question. Known potions in this range included:
- Ten-Second Pimple Vanisher — will eliminate skin blemishes ranging from boils to pimples to blackheads.
- Pygmy Puffs — miniature Puffskeins that come in various shades of pink and purple.
- Everlasting Eyelashes
- Patented Daydream Charms — good to fit in the usual class time and virtually unable to detect, minor side effects may include drooling or unfocused eyes.
Behind the scenes
- A prop made for the film adaptation of Harry Potter and the Half-Blood Prince claims that WonderWitch products have been made since 1952. However, as the Weasley twins were born in 1978. It is possible that, within the fims, Fred and George did not invent the wonderwitch line, but merely sold the products. Another possibility is that the 1952 date is a mistake of the filmmakers.
- Harry Potter and the Half-Blood Prince (First appearance)
- Harry Potter and the Half-Blood Prince (film)
- LEGO Harry Potter: Years 5-7