Governing body of the magical community of Britain before the founding of the Ministry of Magic
The Wizards' Council was the predecessor to the Ministry of Magic, and governed the wizarding community of Great Britain until the formation of the Ministry. The council may have continued as part of the Ministry as the Wizengamot.
Known Wizards' Council members
- Barberus Bragge (Chief, c. 1269)
- Burdock Muldoon (Chief, 1448-1450) 
- Elfrida Clagg (Chief, fourteenth or seventeenth century)
Known Wizard's Council Actions
- 1362 - Made it illegal to play Quidditch within fifty miles of towns
- 1368 - Amended the ban on Quidditch by outlawing all playing within 100 miles of a town.
- 1499 - Decreeed that Quidditch should not be played anywhere where there is the slightest chance a muggle could see and that violators of that decree would be chained to the wall of a dungeon.
- Harry Potter and the Philosopher's Stone (video game) (Mentioned on a Famous Wizard Card)
- Harry Potter and the Chamber of Secrets (video game) (Mentioned on a Famous Wizard Card)
- Harry Potter and the Prisoner of Azkaban (video game) (Mentioned on a Famous Wizard Card)
- Quidditch Through the Ages
- Fantastic Beasts and Where to Find Them