The Wizarding Wireless Network News was a news programme broadcasted on the Wizarding Wireless Network. During Lord Voldemort's control of the Ministry of Magic, this news broadcast stopped reporting murders by the Death Eaters and Snatchers, despite their occurrence.
Behind the scenes
- In the film adaptation of Harry Potter and the Order of the Phoenix, Cornelius Fudge is heard on the Wizarding Wireless Network giving an interview on the recent disappearances. This broadcast may be the Wizarding Wireless Network News.
- In the Portuguese edition of the Harry Potter novels, "Wizarding Wireless Network News" was translated as "Agência Noticiosa da Feitiçaria", meaning "Wizarding News Agency". The sense that it was a news segment of the WWN was lost altogether, making it seem like a Ministry of Magic-controlled newswire instead.
- In the Norwegian edition of the Harry Potter novels, "Wizarding Wireless Network News" was translated as "Magisk rikskringkasting", or "MRK", which is a play on NRK, the Norsk rikskringkasting - generally expressed in English as the Norwegian Broadcasting Corporation, changing the letters N with the letter M and thus changing the word Norsk/Norwegian with the word Magisk/Magical.
- Harry Potter and the Order of the Phoenix (film) (Possibly)
- Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows (First mentioned)
- Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows: Part 1 (video game) (Mentioned only)