Presumably enhances the clarity of thought of the drinker
The Wit-Sharpening Potion is a potion which presumably allows the drinker to think more clearly.
Severus Snape taught his fourth year Potions students to make this potion shortly after the second task of the Triwizard Tournament in 1995. While working, Harry Potter, Ron Weasley, and Hermione Granger discussed an article by Rita Skeeter that had recently been published in Witch Weekly. Snape found the trio reading the magazine, and, much to their humilation, read it aloud to the entire class (the article falsely accused Hermione of toying with the hearts of both Viktor Krum and Harry). Snape split the group up, telling them to concentrate on their potions, but Harry found it difficult to do so, as Snape continued to goad him privately. The class was further interrupted by the entrance of Igor Karkaroff. Harry purposely spilled his armadillo bile so that he could linger after the class was done and try to find out what Karkaroff wanted to tell Snape.
- Mix in Ginger Root until lime green.
- Mix Armadillo Bile until blue.
- Mix Ground Scarab Beetles until red.
- Remix Armadillo Bile until red liquid is yellow. (Not dark green)
- Remix Ginger Roots until brew is lime green.
- Mix Armadillo Bile until the potion is purple.
- Allow potion to simmer for 10 minutes.
- Add more Ginger Root till dark orange.
- Harry Potter and the Goblet of Fire
- Harry Potter and the Half-Blood Prince (video game)
- The Road to Hogwarts Sweepstakes