|Wiseacre's Wizarding Equipment|
Behind the scenes
- The Wiseacre's Wizarding Equipment shop's name is not revealed in the books. The shop was first referred to as such in the "Tour Diagon Alley" feature included on Disc 2 of the DVD release of Harry Potter and the Chamber of Secrets, and was then confirmed in Pottermore.
- The shop is showcased in Traveler's Tales LEGO Harry Potter: Years 1-4 game. Players are able to purchase 'fun spells' with LEGO Harry Potter studs at the Diagon Alley shop; spells from the Harry Potter universe for causing mischief as you explore Hogwarts, like changing other character's appearances, causing them to dance or even belch slugs. Special spells can be found on the upper level of the shop by entering game codes.
A "wiseacre", which is derived from the word "wise", refers to a person who claims to be knowledgeable about everything (but is not).
- Harry Potter and the Chamber of Secrets (film) (First appearance)
- Harry Potter and the Half-Blood Prince (film)
- Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows: Part 1
- Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows: Part 2 (video game)
- The Wizarding World of Harry Potter
- LEGO Harry Potter: Years 1-4
- LEGO Harry Potter: Years 5-7
Notes and references
Baby Witch · Brews and Stews Café · Dervish and Banges · Dogweed and Deathcap · Dominic Maestro's · Hog's Head Inn · Honeydukes · J. Pippin's Potions · Madam Puddifoot's Tea Shop · The Magic Neep · McBloom & McMuck · McHavelock's Wizarding Headgear · Ollivanders · Pedrus Pridgeon · Rosa Lee Teabag · Potage's Cauldron Shop · Scribbulus Writing Implements · Scrivenshaft's Quill Shop · Spintwitches · Three Broomsticks Inn · Tomes and Scrolls · Wiseacre's Wizarding Equipment · Zonko's Joke Shop
Madam Rosmerta · Aberforth Dumbledore · Madam Puddifoot · Ambrosius Flume · Ambrosius Flume's wife · Dominic Maestro · Unidentified Ollivander's associate · Employee of the Owl Post Office · Archibald Bennett · Three Broomsticks waiter · Horace · J. Pippin · McHavelock · Scrivenshaft · Madam Potage · Vladimir Plot · Zonko