Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
The Winged Horse is found worldwide, and there are many different breeds, including Abraxan, Aethonan, Granian and Thestral. Owners of winged horses are required by law to cast Disillusionment Charms on them regularly. Owners may compete in a winged horse race.
A team of Abraxan winged horses were owned by Beauxbatons Academy of Magic headmistress Olympe Maxime, and only drank single malt whiskey. They were used to pull a carriage to transport a delegation of Beauxbatons students to Hogwarts School of Witchcraft and Wizardry for the Tri-Wizard Tournament in 1994, and again in 1997 for the funeral of Albus Dumbledore.
Known winged horse breeds
Behind the scenes
- The concept of winged horses derives from Pegasus, a pure white stallion with wings from Greek mythology. Pegasus is most directly referenced in Fantastic Beasts and Where to Find Them, where an account is related of a wizard who killed a Chimaera while on a winged horse, a reference to Bellerophon using Pegasus to defeat the mythical Chimaera.
- Harry Potter and the Goblet of Fire (First appearance)
- Harry Potter and the Goblet of Fire (film)
- Harry Potter and the Order of the Phoenix
- Harry Potter and the Order of the Phoenix (film)
- Harry Potter and the Order of the Phoenix (video game)
- Harry Potter and the Half-Blood Prince
- Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows
- Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows: Part 1
- Fantastic Beasts and Where to Find Them
- LEGO Harry Potter: Years 1-4
- LEGO Harry Potter: Years 5-7
- Harry Potter: A Pop-Up Book
- LEGO Harry Potter: Building the Magical World
- LEGO Harry Potter
- Wizard of the Month (Mentioned only)
- LEGO Harry Potter
- Harry Potter: The Creature Vault
Notes and references