A team of Abraxan winged horses were owned by Beauxbatons Academy of Magic headmistress Olympe Maxime, and only drank single malt whiskey. They were used to pull a carriage to transport a delegation of Beauxbatons students to Hogwarts School of Witchcraft and Wizardry for the Tri-Wizard Tournament in 1994, and again in 1997 for the funeral of Albus Dumbledore.
Known winged horse breeds
Behind the scenes
- The concept of winged horses derives from Pegasus, a pure white stallion with wings from Greek mythology. Pegasus is most directly referenced in Fantastic Beasts and Where to Find Them, where an account is related of a wizard who killed a Chimaera while on a winged horse, a reference to Bellerophon using Pegasus to defeat the mythical Chimaera.
- Pottermore describes that Thestrals have equivalents in other parts of the world, suggesting tat there are other breeds of Winged Horses Newt Scamander did not describe.
- Harry Potter and the Goblet of Fire (First appearance)
- Harry Potter and the Goblet of Fire (film)
- Harry Potter and the Order of the Phoenix
- Harry Potter and the Order of the Phoenix (film)
- Harry Potter and the Order of the Phoenix (video game)
- Harry Potter and the Half-Blood Prince
- Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows
- Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows: Part 1
- Fantastic Beasts and Where to Find Them
- LEGO Harry Potter: Years 1-4
- LEGO Harry Potter: Years 5-7
- Harry Potter: A Pop-Up Book
- LEGO Harry Potter: Building the Magical World
- LEGO Harry Potter: Characters of the Magical World
- Wizard of the Month (Mentioned only)
- LEGO Harry Potter
- Harry Potter: The Creature Vault
Notes and references
|Magical Creatures by classification|