|"Are you a wizard or not?"
The title of this article is conjectural. Although it is based on canonical information, the actual name is conjecture and may be supplanted at any time by additional information released from canonical sources. If this occurs, please move this page to the appropriate title.
The werewolf army, led by Fenrir Greyback, was a group of werewolves who intended to infect as many people as possible with lycanthropy in the hope that one day the werewolf community would be large enough to take over the wizarding community.
The werewolves, particularly Greyback, specialised in attacking children. This way, they presumably hoped that being infected young would cause them to integrate into the werewolf society sooner.
Second Wizarding War
- Remus Lupin: "I've been living among my fellows, my equals. Werewolves,... I'm not complaining it is necessary work and who better to do it than I?"
- Harry Potter: "How come they like Voldemort?"
- Remus Lupin: "They think that, under his rule, they will have a better life. "
- — Harry and Remus discuss the werewolve's involvement in the Second Wizarding War[src]
Remus Lupin's involvement
Because of his membership of the Order of the Phoenix, Remus Lupin was sent under Albus Dumbledore's orders to integrate himself into the underground werewolf community to serve as a spy for the Order.
- Remus Lupin (fully transformed)
- William Weasley (not fully transformed)
- Son of Mrs Montgomery (killed)
- Lavender Brown (killed)
Behind the scenes
Werewolves would have been indistinguishable from other witches and wizards during the Battle Of Hogwarts as it was not a full moon, something we know because Lupin and Greyback did not transform. Before the Covered Bridge is blown out you can clearly hear wolves, which could have only been real wolves and not transformed werewolves.