A Weasley jumper is a home-made jumper owned by members of the Weasley family. They are made by Molly Weasley for family and friends and sent as Christmas gifts. They usually vary in colour, but often have the recipient's first initial on the front. Fred and George seem to enjoy them, calling them "lovely and warm," but Ron dislikes the fact that his jumper is always maroon.
In 1996, it was noted that Molly did not make one of these for Fleur Delacour, apparently not wanting to "waste one on her." At the time, Molly did not approve of Fleur's upcoming marriage to her son, William Weasley.
Behind the scenes
- Other terms for jumper include sweater, pullover, or jersey. Sweater is used in the Scholastic editions of the Harry Potter novels, because in American English, jumper refers to what the British call a pinafore dress.
- Harry Potter and the Philosopher's Stone (First appearance)
- Harry Potter and the Philosopher's Stone (film)
- Harry Potter and the Chamber of Secrets
- Harry Potter and the Chamber of Secrets (film) (Mentioned only)
- Harry Potter and the Prisoner of Azkaban
- Harry Potter and the Goblet of Fire (film)
- Harry Potter and the Order of the Phoenix
- Harry Potter and the Half-Blood Prince
- Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows: Part 2 (Mentioned only)