|"Are you a wizard or not?"
The title of this article is conjectural. Although it is based on canonical information, the actual name is conjecture and may be supplanted at any time by additional information released from canonical sources. If this occurs, please move this page to the appropriate title.
- Waiter: "Dragon tartare?"
- Hermione Granger: "No, I'm fine. Thank you."
- Waiter: "Just as well. They give one horribly bad breath."
- — Waiter and Hermione Granger[src]
This waiter served food and drinks at the Slug Club Christmas party in 1996 along with Neville Longbottom and another waiter. He was seen passing by when Horace Slughorn and Harry Potter were having their picture taken. He offered dragon tartare to Harry Potter and Hermione Granger. Both passed, and the waiter told them this choice was for the better, as the hors d'oeuvre gave one "terribly bad breath." However, upon hearing this, Hermione took the entire plate, hoping to repel the unwelcome attentions of her date, Cormac McLaggen. He was later seen decorating a plate of food.
Behind the scenes
- This waiter is played by Mark Lockyer in the film adaptation of Harry Potter and the Half-Blood Prince.
- In the book, house elves are the entirety of service staff at the party.
- Harry Potter and the Half-Blood Prince (film) (First appearance)