At least some content in this article is derived from information featured in Fantastic Beasts: The Crimes of Grindelwald. As such, spoilers will be present within the article.
Vinda Rosier was a witch who lived during the early 20th century. She was a member of the famous pure-blood Rosier family and a loyal and trusted follower of Gellert Grindelwald. She was said to be mysterious.
- The name "Vinda" is a word of primarily Germanic/Norse origin that means "to wind; twist; wring."
- Rosier is, most notable, the name of a fallen angel (a Dominion of the Second Sphere) and patron demon of tainted love and seduction.
- In the Christian angelic hierarchy, Dominions regulate the duties of lower angels, and make themselves physically known to humans with extreme rarity.
- Rosier is also a French name that means "rose bush" or "from the rose bush."
Behind the scenes
- Vinda Rosier will be played by Poppy Corby-Tuech in the upcoming second instalment of the Fantastic Beasts film series.
- Fantastic Beasts: The Crimes of Grindelwald (First appearance)
Notes and references
- ↑ She was a member of the Sacred Twenty-Eight Rosier family, indicating she had wizarding heritage.
- ↑ ‘Fantastic Beasts: The Crimes of Grindelwald’ First Look Includes Jude Law’s Young Dumbledore (Photos)
- ↑ 3.0 3.1 "Next Fantastic Beasts film reveals new characters – including Nicolas Flamel" on Pottermore
- ↑ Writing by J.K. Rowling: "Pure-Blood" at Pottermore
- ↑ 5.0 5.1 The 10 most must-see films of 2018, from the new 'Fantastic Beasts' to 'Mary Poppins'
- ↑ http://ew.com/movies/2017/12/29/fantastic-beasts-johnny-depp-as-grindelwald/