|Viktor Krum's wand|
Thicker than usual, rigid
The wand of Viktor Krum is 10¼" hornbeam wood, with a dragon heartstring core. It was one of the last wands constructed by famed wandmaker Gregorovitch. During the wand-weighing ceremony of the Triwizard Tournament, in which Viktor was Durmstrang's champion, Garrick Ollivander described the wand as being thicker than normal and "quite rigid".
In 1997, Harry Potter realised through his connection to Lord Voldemort that the Dark Lord was seeking Gregorovitch, but could not recall where he had heard the name before, only being able to recall that it was somehow connected to Quidditch. When he spoke to Viktor at the wedding of Bill Weasley and Fleur Delacour in 1997, Harry recalled suddenly that he had heard the name when he saw the wand-weighing ceremony. Viktor was somewhat alarmed that Harry, who was disguised as a Weasley cousin at the time, knew anything about his wand, as he never spoke to the public about it.
Behind the scenes
- It is possible that the wand entry on Pottermore may be a reference to Krum's wand, as Ollivander states that hornbeam wands generally lean towards wizards with a lifelong obsession. Krum is said to be obsessed with Quidditch.
- Harry Potter and the Goblet of Fire (First appearance)
- Harry Potter and the Goblet of Fire (film)
- Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows
- LEGO Harry Potter: Years 1-4