Viktor Krum's wand was 10¼" long, made of hornbeam wood, and had a dragon heartstring core. It was one of the last wands constructed by famed wandmaker Gregorovitch. Garrick Ollivander described the wand as being thicker than normal and "quite rigid".
In 1997, Harry Potter realised through his connection to Lord Voldemort that the Dark Lord was seeking Gregorovitch, but could not recall where he had heard the name before, only being able to recall that it was somehow connected to Quidditch.
When he spoke to Viktor at the wedding of Bill Weasley and Fleur Delacour in 1997, Harry recalled suddenly that he had heard the name when he saw the wand-weighing ceremony. Viktor was somewhat alarmed that Harry, who was disguised as a Weasley cousin at the time, knew anything about his wand, as he never spoke to the public about it.
Behind the scenes
- It is possible that the wand entry on Pottermore may be a reference to Krum's wand, as Ollivander states that hornbeam wands generally lean towards wizards with a lifelong obsession. Krum is said to be obsessed with Quidditch.
- In the film, the wand appears with a light colour, is curved at the handle and the tip, and does not have a separate handle. At the end of the handle is a roughly carved face that resembles a bird.
- Harry Potter and the Goblet of Fire (First appearance)
- Harry Potter and the Goblet of Fire (film)
- Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows
- LEGO Harry Potter: Years 1-4
- Harry Potter: The Character Vault