- "At that moment the telephone rang and Aunt Petunia went to answer it while Harry and Uncle Vernon watched Dudley unwrap the racing bike, a cine-camera, a remote control aeroplane, sixteen new computer games, and a video recorder. He was ripping the paper off a gold wristwatch when Aunt Petunia came back from the telephone looking both angry and worried."
A cine-camera is a Muggle device that can be used for home video recording. Dudley Dursley received one of these for his birthday on 29 June, 1991. At the time, videos made on such a device would most likely be recorded onto a cassette and played back on a video recorder, one of which Dudley also received. A month later, the video camera was found by Harry Potter lying in The Smallest Bedroom, which had once been Dudley Dursley's second bedroom, but had become his own. The camera had been set on top of a small, working tank that Dudley had once driven over a neighbour's dog.
- Harry Potter and the Philosopher's Stone (First mentioned)
- The Wizarding World of Harry Potter (Mentioned only)
Notes and referencesEdit
- ↑ Harry Potter and the Philosopher's Stone, Chapter 2 (The Vanishing Glass)
- ↑ "Conductor of the Hogwarts Express from "The Wizarding World of Harry Potter"" on Youtube.