- James: "Our Teddy! Teddy Lupin! Snogging our Victoire! Our cousin! And I asked Teddy what he was doing -"
- Ginny: "You interrupted them? You are so like Ron -"
- James: "-and he said he had come to see her off! And then he told me to go away! He's snogging her!"
- — James and Ginny Potter on Victoire and Teddy Lupin's blossoming relationship[src]
Victoire was born on 2 May in the early 2000s. She is the oldest of all her Weasley cousins. She was given her name, which means "victory" in French, because her date of birth fell on the anniversary of the Battle of Hogwarts, in which the Order of the Phoenix and its allies prevailed against Lord Voldemort and his Death Eaters. She has two younger siblings: a sister, Dominique, and a brother, Louis. Through her maternal great-grandmother, Victoire is one-eighth Veela. It is possible she lived at Shell Cottage with her family.
Victoire began attending Hogwarts School of Witchcraft and Wizardry in the early 2010s. At some point, she entered into a romantic relationship with Teddy Lupin, who was at least two years above her. On 1 September, 2017, Victoire's by-then-graduated boyfriend came to see her off for another year at King's Cross Station. Victoire's cousin, James Potter, saw the couple snogging and interrupted them. When Teddy told him to leave, James returned to tell his family what he had seen, and his younger sister, Lily, expressed her wish that Teddy and Victoire would marry someday, making Teddy an official part of the extended Weasley-Potter clan.
Victoire was described as "very good-looking," which presumably indicates that she took after either her mother, Fleur, or her father, Bill, or both, in appearance. It could also link to her Veela ancestry, which might consequently make her beauty more profound.
Behind the scenes
- Both Victoire and Teddy Lupin have fathers who were attacked by the werewolf Fenrir Greyback.
- Both Victoire and Teddy Lupin have mothers with unique traits related to their physical appearances — Fleur Delacour has Veela blood, and Nymphadora Tonks was a Metamorphmagus.
- Victoire and Teddy are fourth cousins once removed as they are both distant descendants of Phineas Nigellus Black.
- In J.K. Rowling: A Year in the Life, when sketching the Weasley Family Tree, Rowling stated that Victoire was so named because she was born on the anniversary of the day the Second Wizarding War ended.
- Victoire is the last character introduced during the Harry Potter series.
- Victoire is likely an homage to Elanor Gamgee from The Lord of the Rings, who was born on the anniversary of the downfall of Sauron. Both were noted to be very beautiful.
- Victoire was born the same day Teddy Lupin's parents died.
- Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows (First mentioned)
- J.K. Rowling: A Year in the Life (Mentioned only)
Notes and references
- ↑ 1.0 1.1 1.2 1.3 Video clip of J.K. Rowling from the documentary J.K. Rowling: A Year in the Life
- ↑ 2.0 2.1 2.2 Victoire must have been born in between 2000 and 2006, inclusive, as she is still in attendance at Hogwarts in the 2017-2018 school year.
- ↑ 3.0 3.1 J.K. Rowling MSNBC Interview on Accio! Quote
- ↑ "The Unwritten Story of Harry's Friends and Their Children" from the Times Online
- ↑ Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows, Epilogue
- ↑ Black family tree