The Viaduct Entrance is a large vestibule at Hogwarts Castle, located at one end of the Long Gallery. It is a large entrance room — although it is not the main entrance hall — and it has a very high ceiling and windows, a large stone staircase leading to the first floor via the Tapestry Corridor, students' lockers, and the Hogwarts' crest on the floor. Large wooden double doors open to the exterior, while an archway leads down a spiral staircase into the Dungeon Corridor. A list of students could also be found in this room, as could a portrait of Google Stump, in the 1995-1996 school year.
Behind the scenesEdit
- The interior shown in the video games seems to be based on the Entrance Hall Antechamber.
- It can be seen in the main menu of the DVD version of Harry Potter and the Goblet of Fire. However, the layout seems to be similar to the Entrance Hall in the books, with a door leading to the Great Hall on the right. According to the films this is incorrect, as the Great Hall is located in a different part of the castle. It is also shown in most of the video games.
- This building has a tower on each of its four corners. These are (clockwise from Stone Bridge): Left Viaduct Tower, Myrtle's Bathroom Tower, Herbology Tower and the Right Viaduct Tower.
- Harry Potter and the Philosopher's Stone (film) (First appearance)
- Harry Potter and the Chamber of Secrets (film)
- Harry Potter and the Prisoner of Azkaban (film)
- Harry Potter and the Goblet of Fire (film) (First interior shot on DVD 1 menu)
- Harry Potter and the Order of the Phoenix (film)
- Harry Potter and the Order of the Phoenix (video game) (First identified as Viaduct Entrance)
- Harry Potter and the Half-Blood Prince (film)
- Harry Potter and the Half-Blood Prince (video game)
- Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows: Part 2
- Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows: Part 2 (video game)
- The Queen's Handbag
Notes and referencesEdit