|Verdimillious Duo Spell|
Green or red
Precipitates green or red energy that can:
Professor Quirinus Quirrell taught this charm to his first year Defence Against the Dark Arts class in the 1991-1992 school year along with the Verdimillious Charm and Verdimillious Tria. Professor Gilderoy Lockhart later revised it with his second year Defence Against the Dark Arts class the next year.
Like its precursor, Verdimillious Duo can have two forms with very different effects, although unlike the Verdimillious Charm, this spell's dual forms are marked by varying colours.
If one quickly casts the charm while aiming for a specific target, green sparks and electrical discharge will explode from the wand and crackle all around the victim, hence proving very useful in duelling. When used a number of times by more than one witch or wizard on a werewolf, the beast will be temporarily subdued.
If one draws out the casting, saying the incantation slowly and waving the wand in a circle overhead, aiming for thin air above the caster, an orb of red light will be thrown skywards from the tip of the wand like a flare. Once it reaches a certain point it will explode several feet away in a blinding flash of white light, thereby illuminating the entire room for a short time. While the light of the charm fills the room, objects hidden by Dark magic will be revealed, although unlike its precursor, objects hidden by Verdimillious Duo remain tangible and visible even after the light fades. Nonetheless, green sparks will still be floating around the enchanted objects for a while after the light disappears.
Behind the scenes
- This charm may be related to Verdillious and Vermillious.
- It is an upgrade of the Verdimillious Charm and the precursor of Verdimillious Tria.
- This spell was meant to be in the Game Boy Advance version of the video game adaptation of Harry Potter and the Goblet of Fire. This is evidenced by the game's debug menu, which is inaccessible during normal gameplay but can be accessed via a cheating device such as an Action Replay. One of the options is a list of all of the text in the game, with "Verdimillious Duo" being listed along with the game's other spells.
- Harry Potter and the Philosopher's Stone (video game) (Green, GBC)
- Harry Potter and the Chamber of Secrets (video game) (PS1 and GBC)
- Harry Potter and the Prisoner of Azkaban (video game) (Green, GBA)
- Harry Potter and the Goblet of Fire (video game) (Cut from final version)
Notes and references