Verdimillious Duo is a charm that causes green energy to harm the foe or a red flare from the wand tip to reveal objects hidden by the Dark Arts in the surrounding area. It is part of Second Year Defence Against the Dark Arts curriculum at Hogwarts School of Witchcraft and Wizardry.
Like its pre-cursor, Verdimillious Duo can have two forms with different effects, though unlike Verdimillious Uno this spell's dual forms are marked by different colours.
If one quickly casts the charm whilst aiming for a specific target it will cause green sparks and/or green electrical discharge to explode and crackle all around the victim, hurting them (and hence is useful in duelling).. This is the green form.
If one draws out the casting (saying the incantation slowly and waving the wand in a circle overhead), aiming for thin air above the caster then an orb of red light will be thrown skywards from the wand tip like a flare, exploding several metres away in a blinding flash and illuminating the entire room for a short period of time. While the light from the spell fills the room, objects hidden by Dark magic will be revealed so that they are temporarily visible and tangible again (as the light fades, so do the Dark objects). This is the red form.
Behind the scenes
- This spell is the upgrade of Verdimillious and the lower-powered, pre-cursor to Verdimillious Tria.
- This spell is probably related to Verdillious and Vermillious.
- Harry Potter and the Chamber of Secrets (video game) (PS1 [red form] and GBC version [green form] only)
- Harry Potter and the Prisoner of Azkaban (video game) (GBA version [green form] only)
Notes and references
- ↑ Harry Potter and the Chamber of Secrets (video game) - GBC version only
- ↑ Harry Potter and the Prisoner of Azkaban (video game) - GBA version only
- ↑ Exercise in using Verdimillious Duo to uncover dark objects