Wave the wand overhead in a circle (optional) and make a forwards slashing motion
Precipitates green energy from the wand tip that can:
Verdimillious is a charm that causes green energy in a variety of ways for offence and to reveal objects hidden by the Dark Arts. It is part of the first year Defence Against the Dark Arts curriculum at Hogwarts School of Witchcraft and Wizardry.
Verdimillious can have several effects, depending on its use. If one quickly casts the charm whilst aiming for a specific target, it will cause green sparks and/or green electrical discharge to explode and crackle all around the victim, hurting them (and hence is useful in duelling)..
If one draws out the casting (saying the incantation slowly and waving the wand in a circle overhead), aiming for thin air, then an orb of green energy will be thrown from the wand tip, exploding several metres away in a blinding flash of emerald light and illuminating the entire room for a short period of time. While the light from the spell lasts, objects hidden by Dark magic will be revealed, so that they are temporarily visible and tangible again.
Behind the scenes
- This spell appears to be related to - or a variation on - Vermillious and Verdillious.
- In the Harry Potter: Trading Card Game, a similar spell Verdillious may actually be just a misspelling of this charm.
- This spell is the pre-cursor of Verdimillious Duo and Verdimillious Tria.
- Harry Potter and the Philosopher's Stone (video game)
- Harry Potter and the Chamber of Secrets (video game)
- Harry Potter and the Prisoner of Azkaban (video game)
Notes and references
- ↑ Harry Potter and the Chamber of Secrets (video game) - GBC version only
- ↑ Harry Potter and the Prisoner of Azkaban (video game) - GBA version only
- ↑ Harry Potter and the Philosopher's Stone (video game)