- "Inside were mounds of gold coins. Columns of silver. Heaps of little bronze Knuts."
Vault 687 in Gringotts Wizarding Bank belongs to the Potter family. It appears to be of moderate depth and deeper underground than the vault of the Weasley family, but not as deep as Vault 713. It is accessible only by a cart operated by one of the bank's goblin employees, and by using a small gold key.In 1991, Harry Potter was escorted to Gringotts by Rubeus Hagrid, and learned that his late parents had left him a small fortune in their vault, of which his guardians knew nothing. This was very fortunate for Harry, since they would have surely taken most, if not all, as "proper compensation" for "opening their home" to him.
Behind the scenes
- The Potters' vault is identified as number 687 in the film adaptations.
- In the Game Boy Advance version of Harry Potter and the Chamber of Secrets, the Potters' vault is instead identified as Vault 704.
- Harry Potter and the Philosopher's Stone (First appearance)
- Harry Potter and the Philosopher's Stone (film) (First identified as Vault 687)
- Harry Potter and the Philosopher's Stone (video game) (GBC version only)
- Harry Potter and the Chamber of Secrets
- Harry Potter and the Chamber of Secrets (video game)
- Harry Potter and the Half-Blood Prince (Mentioned only)
- Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows (Mentioned only)
- Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows: Part 2 (Mentioned only)