At least some content in this article is derived from information featured in Fantastic Beasts: Cases from the Wizarding World. Spoilers will be present within the article.
Valerian is a plant with magical properties.
Valerian is used as an ingredient in Treacle fudge. Valerian roots are used in potion-making; they are one of the ingredients of the Draught of Living Death and the Draught of Peace. Sprigs of valerian are used in the Forgetfulness Potion and the Sleeping Draught. Rubeus Hagrid grows valerian in his garden.
Behind the scenes
- Valerian (Valeriana officinalis) was known in medieval times as All Heal, was recognised for its sedative and antispasmodic properties, and so was used as a sleep and nerve remedy and later as a treatment for epilepsy.
- Harry Potter and the Chamber of Secrets (video game) (First appearance)
- Harry Potter and the Half-Blood Prince
- The Road to Hogwarts Sweepstakes
- Fantastic Beasts: Cases from the Wizarding World
Notes and references
- ↑ 1.0 1.1 Harry Potter and the Chamber of Secrets (video game) - GBC version
- ↑ Harry Potter and the Half-Blood Prince, Chapter 9 (The Half-Blood Prince)
- ↑ Pottermore - Magical Drafts and Potions by Arsenius Jigger.
- ↑ http://botanical.com/botanical/mgmh/v/valeri01.html