Hi, welcome to Harry Potter Wiki! Thanks for your edit to the Minerva McGonagall page.
Hi! Do you think you would like to be a part of the House Points game? It's a system where good edits earn you points for your House, and the House with the most points after a 3 month period wins the House Cup. You're a great user, so would you like to joing my house (Gryffindor), or any other house? You just need to join here: Harry Potter Wiki:House points. You can also try out for the Gryffindor Quidditch team. All you need to do is choose a position and sign your name at the Quidditch Pitch. Thanks, and I hope to have you as a team-member! --Margiechocoholic 04:55, 25 April 2009 (UTC)
Congratulations on becoming the new Gryffindor Beater! Here's your badge:
|This user is a Beater for the Gryffindor Quidditch team.|
The following are articles the team is currently trying to focus on.
The Quidditch-related articles:
- Gryffindor Quidditch team
- Quidditch Pitch
- Quidditch World Cup
- All articles in the Quidditch fouls category.
Here are some articles which need sourcing, images, and have so much more potential in terms of information:
- Gryffindor Tower
- Harry Potter and the Order of the Phoenix
- Philosopher's Stone
- Ministry of Magic
There are also some articles I created a while back which I think could get up to FA status if we tried:
Thanks! --Margiechocoholic 12:21, 25 April 2009 (UTC)
I have just nominated Quidditch pitch to become a featured article. Is it possible for you to expand it a bit and vote for it to become an featured artcle. Could you please tell me if you are able to do so? By the way, thanks for all the edits you have been doing for the Gryffindor Quidditch team. --- Madam Hooch(Which Broomstick)
Well, first off: you may not run bots on HPW w/o prior permission. The only bot currently with permission is my bot. Read that page first and onestly, I'm not sure what other information you would need that is not on that page. I didn't write the bot, I use the premade framework discussed on that page. Note: I would not suggest creating a bot unless you're computer savy, in order to do a lot of things I end up having to use regular expressions and some other tricks. If you have more specific questions feel free to ask (but please read that page first). -- DarkJedi613 (Talk) 15:11, 1 May 2009 (UTC)
- I was aware of that, and I was intending to create the bot on several other wikis where I am admin. Thanks. Toon Ganondorf (t c) 20:50, 1 May 2009 (UTC)
- No problem. Didn't mean to come off as harsh, just didn't all of a suddent want an uncontrolled bot going around. If you need more help than provided by my bots user page, feel free to ask. I'll get back to you as soon as I can (I've been rather busy the past week or so). -- DarkJedi613 (Talk) 15:08, 8 May 2009 (UTC)
Tom Riddle's main image
Thanks TG, thats really nice of you. I musnt talk about Lupin and Tonks or I'll start crying. Do you know how to make a signiture? If so could you show me how please. —The preceding unsigned comment was added by Lupin&TonksForever (talk • contribs).
- Sure thing. If you'd like a personalized one like mine, then just let me know the colours you want. For a plain one, just use four tildes (~) one after another. Toon Ganondorf (t c) 08:52, 3 May 2009 (UTC)
Ok then. At the top right hand corner of your screen is a small maroon box that says MORE. Click on it and select My preferences. Then, copy and paste this formula in;
[[User:Lupin&TonksForever|<font color="firebrick"><span style="font-family:Comic Sans MS;">'''Sarah''']] <font color="lightcoral">([[User talk:Lupin&TonksForever|<font color="lightcoral">talk]])</font></font></span><</font> Tick the box that says Raw Signiature. Then, click Save. From then on, by signing with four tildes (~), this will come up Sarah (talk) Happy? Toon Ganondorf (t c) 09:24, 3 May 2009 (UTC)
Very!!! Thank you so much. Sorry to keep bothering you but do you know if i can join a house. Lupin&TonksForever 09:34, 3 May 2009 (UTC)
- Hmm, the signiature hasn't worked. Did you copy and paste the formula in? Also, I'll sign you up for Griffindor with me, if you'd like. Or you can join Ravenclaw or Slytherin. Toon Ganondorf (t c) 09:37, 3 May 2009 (UTC)
Yay, Gryffindor please. I clicked save and it says invalid raw signiture check html tags. Do you know what it means. Lupin&TonksForever 09:40, 3 May 2009 (UTC)
- Ah yes, i removed the last bit. Copy it again. Are you sure that its pasted under Signiature? Cos it shouldnt show the Lupin and tonks bit. Toon Ganondorf (t c) 09:54, 3 May 2009 (UTC)
- Hmm. I'm not skilled enough to figure it out, I'm afraid. I'll track you down a someone who can, and I'll "sort" you into Griffindor. Meanwhile, just copy and paste the signiature. Toon Ganondorf (t c) 10:10, 3 May 2009 (UTC)
Hey, could you categrise your images. I would be a big help. Could you also vote at Quidditch Practise. We are starting editing the top voted article tomorrow. Cheers! --- Madam Hooch(Which Broomstick)
Hi, it's Timbira. On your user page, you said your favorite character is Luna Lovegood. There's a userbox for that. It looks like this:
|This user supports Luna Lovegood.|
There's so many others. Check out my page and Margiechocoholic for a bunch of them. On mine feel free to click "Edit this page" to see the coding, which is really simple. Thanks!--Timbira 15:22, 3 May 2009 (UTC)
- Oh believe me, I know my way around userboxes. Check out my Super Smash Brothers Wiki page and you'll see. I intend to create some more of my own signiature boxes soon. Toon Ganondorf (t c) 00:34, 4 May 2009 (UTC)
Fred Weasley Project
Hi Toon Ganondorf, it's Timbira. I was wondering if you would like to join the Fred Weasley Project. If you do, here is the link: Fred Weasley Project Keep me posted and best wishes, Timbira. --Timbira 04:14, 4 May 2009 (UTC)
Happy (belated) birthday!
Hi, Toon Ganondorf. It has been determined that you are a trusted member of this community and that we benefit from your contributions. Upon request or through my own discretion, I have granted you rollback privileges. This tool can be used to quickly revert vandalism and maintain the quality of this wiki. Please remember to use this tool with discretion and never in a content dispute. You should now see a "rollback" link when viewing a user's contributions. Thanks, and happy editing.-- DarkJedi613 (Talk) 18:53, 14 May 2009 (UTC)
Gryffindor Quidditch Team
We have changed many of the rules in the Gryffindor Quidditch Team. Soon we will be competing againist other teams by rewriting and expanding an article that the referee,Matoro183 has chosen. The winning rewrite will recieve 40 points to their house and a trophy for the house team's pitch. When the competition starts, we will rewrite the article at User:Madam Hooch/Quidditch Practise. For more information on the competition, please read User:Hellabore/Parchment. Cheers! -- Hellabore(Deathly Hallows)
Hey I thought that you may like to start a game called truth or dare, Harry Potter wiki style. The rules are below.
You must answer a question about the Harry Potter series
You will dare someone to do an edit on which page you wish.
- Funny enough with all the dares we are doing, at this rate, there will be no more stubs if we continue our work! -- Hellabore(Deathly Hallows)
- True that. Its a good system. I also just finished my own private Project Yaxley. Hope you think it has been improved. Toon Ganondorf (t c) 12:13, 22 May 2009 (UTC)
I have awarded 60 points to your house for making monumental edits to the following articles:
-Yaxley (30 pts.)
-Care of Magical Creatures (20 pts.)
-Fred and George Weasley's wands (10 pts.). Cheers! -- Hellabore(Deathly Hallows)
Splendid. How about you expand Densaugeo I think it could be moved to a proper name such as Tooth-Enlarging Hex, as it is rather obvious what it does. If you disagree, just edit it to make it less about Hermione and more about the actual hex. Toon Ganondorf (t c) 09:03, 23 May 2009 (UTC)