Before editing, be sure to read the wiki's policies. Please sign your name on Talk and vote pages using four tildes (~~~~) to automatically produce your name and the current date. Be sure to verify your e-mail address in your preferences. Before attempting any major article rewrites please read the layout guide. If you have any questions, check out the policy and help pages (see here for editing help), add a question to the Community portal, view the forum or ask me on my talk page. Again, welcome!
The Carrow Twins
Recently, you placed a non-canon template on the articles Flora Carrow and Hestia Carrow. but for your information, those names are already confirmed included in the upcoming movie Half-Blood Prince. And quoted from the Canon rules here in HP wiki, Information from the Harry Potter films, games, and trading cards are considered canon --ÈnŔîčö(Send me an Owl) 16:20, 22 March 2009 (UTC)
Title for uploaded images.I would like to advice that if you upload another images in the future, you may please use an appropriate title for those images. For example, the File: , it would better if you input the word "TOM_from_The-Leaky-Cauldron" instead "HP PRISONER OF AZKABAN DISC1-182". However, it's only an advice from myself. Have a nice day! --ÈnŔîčö(Send me an Owl) 05:10, 27 March 2009 (UTC)
User Edits Userbox
I fixed the userbox. It is in English now. It seems that one user translated the userbox to danish, and all the User Edits userboxes in the user pages were changed into danish. Just to let you know. -- Seth Cooper Owl Post 18:57, 1 April 2009 (UTC)
Order of Merlin
|Order of Merlin (Third Class)|
|The Order of Merlin is awarded to you by Starstuff for having over one-thousand edits on the Harry Potter Wiki.|
House Points Game
Hi, Smonocco. I noticed you have a Slytherin userbox on your userpage. Would you be interested in taking part as a member of Slytherin in our new House Points Game? If so, you can find out more about it at Harry Potter Wiki:House points. ★ Starstuff (Owl me!) 09:53, 19 April 2009 (UTC)
- Thanks for joining! You can stop by the Slytherin Dungeon if you have questions you'd like to ask or ideas you'd like to share. Here's hoping we win the House Cup! ★ Starstuff (Owl me!) 12:47, 19 April 2009 (UTC)
- Hi, I've also awarded you 10 points for helping to revert the ad vandal on April 8. :) ★ Starstuff (Owl me!) 22:19, 19 April 2009 (UTC)
Tom Riddle's main image
Rubeus Hagrid's hut
Fred Weasley Project
Order of Merlin 2
|Order of Merlin (Second Class)|
|The Order of Merlin is awarded to you by Seth Cooper for having over two-thousand edits on the Harry Potter Wiki.|
- Just checked it and according to AskOxford.com, the English spelling is "fulfil", while the U.S. spelling is "fulfill". -Smonocco 15:52, 12 May 2009 (UTC)
- If your dictionary is set to US (i.e. if you live in the US) it will show up wrong. Same thing with duelled, which I noticed was just changed (US: dueled). -- DarkJedi613 (Talk) 18:06, 18 May 2009 (UTC)
Hey, thanks for tagging those images that were uploaded multiple times for deletion, but in the future can you provide a link to the image that is the same if it is readily available? Thanks. -- DarkJedi613 (Talk) 20:18, 18 May 2009 (UTC)
- Hey, just so you know if you upload a better version of an image...go to the image you're replacing and click "Upload a new version of this file", that way all the links, etc. don't have to be fixed! -- DarkJedi613 (Talk) 14:24, 19 May 2009 (UTC)
Just so you know you can make a category link using the following: [[:Category:Images of Irma Pince|Images of Irma Pince]] and it'll be formatted as such: Images of Irma Pince. -- DarkJedi613 (Talk) 20:31, 19 May 2009 (UTC)
Hey I thought that I may like to start a game called truth or dare, Harry Potter wiki style. The rules are below.
You must answer a question about the Harry Potter series
You will dare someone to do an edit on which page you wish.
Delete File:Fake Horcrux Locket.jpg
- I removed the delete tag and put it on HP6-TRLF5-0667.jpg instead since it isn't being used on any articles -Smonocco 10:27, 23 May 2009 (UTC)
Order of Merlin
|Order of Merlin (First Class)|
|The Order of Merlin is awarded to you by Matoro183 for having over three-thousand edits on the Harry Potter Wiki.|
I noticed that you quite a lot of fix links around the Wikia, just to let you know some links don't always need fixing. Like [ [ Hogwarts ] ] is perfectly fine as a link, it doesn't require you to edit the page and change it to [ [ Hogwarts School of Witchcraft and Wizardry | Hogwarts ] ], that does nothing but boost your edit count in all honesty. Patr0nus ( Expecto Patronum! ) 11:47, 22 August 2009 (UTC)
Hi, Smonocco. The second round of the House Points Game is going to start on September 15, but due to time commitments in real life, Jayce Carver won't be able to fill the role of Prefect this time around, leaving me as the only Prefect for Slytherin. I don't think I will be able to effectively balance my duties as an admin with leading the Slytherin team all on my own. So I'm wondering if you would be willing to take over for Jayce as the second Slytherin Prefect? With 4500+ edits, you're currently the most qualified to fill the position, out of all the active users signed up as Slytherin on the participants list. ★ Starstuff (Owl me!) 18:42, September 1, 2009 (UTC)
- While I would like to a prefect, I probably couldn't because i have just gone back to school and I won't have as much time to spend on the wiki. -Smonocco 16:02, September 2, 2009 (UTC)
- That's fine. The reason the starting date for the second round of the game was scheduled for September was that we figured people would go away in summer, or just be more busy in general, but unfortunately we forgot to take into account that September is also when students go back to school. ★ Starstuff (Owl me!) 21:40, September 4, 2009 (UTC)
Re: Category talk:Unidentified individuals
There is a new discussion in the forums about setting a policy, or at least some guidelines, on articles for unidentified individuals. You can add your opinions here. - Nick O'Demus 09:58, October 1, 2009 (UTC)
Points for Harry Potter Wiki:House points Game
Hello Smonocco, Just want you to know that I awarded you 25 points in the Harry Potter Wiki House Points Game for creating the articles Harp, Memory and the Beauxbatons carriage. --ÈnŔîčö DC(Send me an Owl!) 00:51, November 6, 2009 (UTC)
Hi Smonocco. Just so you know, a vote is underway to decide a new skin for the Wiki. Jayden Matthews 17:54, December 12, 2009 (UTC)
Oiiii! I HAVE A BONE TO PICK WITH YOU! WHY HAVE YOU DELETED MY MAGICAL ABILITES ON TOM THE INNKEEPER'S PAGE! YOU HAVE NO RIGHT TO DELETE IT. YOU EVER DO IT AGAIN AND I WILL DELETE EVERYTHING YOU HAVE EVER DONE ON THE WIKIA, GOT IT!!!!!!!!!!! —The preceding unsigned comment was added by SuperConzo (talk • contribs).
- If you watch it carefully, he does use a wand -Smonocco 20:08, December 18, 2009 (UTC)
- I took it. It's from the Prisoner of azkaban dvd -Smonocco 18:20, December 22, 2009 (UTC)
Im sorry for my brothers unseemly manner, he is most wrong to call you a offensive word like that, i apologise for my brother behavior.(The-Free-House-Elf 22:26, December 28, 2009 (UTC))
Great videos at youtube from Harry Potter. When I saw your name, I knew directly that I was you. My compliments for those videos.--Station7 11:47, December 22, 2009 (UTC)
- Thanks! -Smonocco 11:58, December 22, 2009 (UTC)
Thanks for uploading a better quality screenshot :) I took the other one on my mobile phone after I spotted she had a clear shot in the film from that scene, I don't suppose you have a clear-full size image of the whole screenshot that hasn't be cropped including everyone else in that scene, do you? Patr0nus ( Expecto Patronum! ) 22:21, December 27, 2009 (UTC)
- I've got these two images:  and  but Draco and Cho aren't in the first one and Pansy isn't in the second one. -Smonocco 22:38, December 27, 2009 (UTC)
Alecto and Amycus Carrow
Harry Potter Wiki Twitter account
Hello Smonocco, i just want to inform you that recently i created a Twitter account dedicated to Harry Potter Wiki; The username is @HPWiki. What do you think about it? And also, please let me know if you also have a twitter account. --ÈnŔîčö DC(Send me an Owl!) 07:13, January 18, 2010 (UTC)
- I've just started following it (my user account is Smonocco). I think it's a great idea and it could be used to inform people when changes need to be made to the wiki (e.g., when a vote is being held). -Smonocco 13:45, January 18, 2010 (UTC)
Afterwards with an "s" is non-standard English. Afterward without an "s" is always correct. --Hcoknhoj 05:51, February 8, 2010 (UTC)
- The reason i had changed "afterward" to "afterwards" was because "afterward" is incorrect according to the British Firefox dictionary. I've just looked it up and it appears that both are acceptable, so I wonder if "afterward" is more commonly used in American English? -Smonocco 21:14, February 8, 2010 (UTC)
WHY!!! DID YOU DELETE THE LIST OF CHARACTERS ON LEGO HARRY POTTER YEARS 1-4
WHY!!! DID YOU DELETE THE LIST OF CHARACTERS ON LEGO HARRY POTTER YEARS 1-4
- I did not delete it. If you check it again you will see that another user removed some of the characters as sources hadn't been given. -Smonocco 17:37, February 9, 2010 (UTC)
I don't want to nitpick, but "afterwards" with an "s" is non-standard English. If you work on a browser with spellcheck it will show as misspelled. Just telling you this, b/c I am about to change one of your edits back. --JKoch(Owl Me!) 22:47, March 22, 2010 (UTC)
- I've only ever come across it spelt "afterwards", which is what the British Firefox dictionary gives as the correct spelling, but correct me if I'm wrong. -Smonocco 22:51, March 22, 2010 (UTC)
Hermione DH picture
- I think it's a promotional image. -Smonocco 19:11, April 1, 2010 (UTC)
hi, how did you make your username? my name is Molly Wobbles because my friends used to call me Molly as a nickname and i really like Molly Weasley so i used her "secret" nickname used by Mr. Weasley. Molly Wobbles 09:31, April 17, 2010 (UTC)
In DH hermione picture, why is she in a purple room? why is she in a room like that? is it her room before she leaves to hep ron and harry locate horcruxest? i hope your able to answer this or someone is... Molly Wobbles
New user name for Jayce Carver. The Snatcher 17:52, June 2, 2010 (UTC)
Congratulations! The Wiki has deemed you to be a trusted user and has therefore seen fit to award you with Rollback rights. You should see a rollback link in the edit summaries and recent changes list that will allow you to revert vandalism quickly and easily. Congratulations again! - Cavalier One(Wizarding Wireless Network) 08:58, June 7, 2010 (UTC)
- Thanks! This should be helpful. -Smonocco 10:11, June 7, 2010 (UTC)
HEY!! you are on this wiki, too!!!
Mugglegurl121398 15:24, June 17, 2010 (UTC)
Hey Smonocco, as part of our new image policy, can you be sure to fill out the Information template that appears on the upload page to provide sourcing and licensing details? Thanks for your cooperation, and keep up the good work :) - Cavalier One(Wizarding Wireless Network) 12:48, August 26, 2010 (UTC)
- I think so, although I changed it because "artefacts" is the correct spelling, according to the British Firefox dictionary. -Smonocco 17:50, August 30, 2010 (UTC)
Deathly Hallows Video GameHow come you are saying this image is from the video game, it isn't!!!!!!! Its from the film!!! The-Free-House-Elf 21:30, November 10, 2010 (UTC)
- Oops! Sorry, just corrected it. -Smonocco 21:53, November 10, 2010 (UTC)
I guess you have seen the DH film as well. If I remember correctly, he was seen on the Hogwarts Express. This makes me think of several additions.
1. Didn´r he mention his father? Should we create a Mclaggen family article? 2. To attend Hogwarts in that year, he must have had magical heritage (very likely, as his uncle is a wizard as well) 3. Cormac was a seventh year in HBP, that means he repeated a year.--Rodolphus 11:19, November 20, 2010 (UTC)
Best regards. --15:00, December 24, 2010 (UTC)
Saw your comment on this Castrianni guy yesterday, a very valid point about simply removing the lord ref. Now I went and did some additional research, and this guy is not mentioned in anything the studio have ever said (and is not in the credits for either movie he "participated" in), which essentially makes me think he has simply faked his involvement with the franchise 100%.
If you look on the internet to find sources for his involvement they are either on his own IMDB (which he can edit), his own casting call page (which he can edit) and fansites.. I would be curious to hear your opinion, as it does seem concerning.
Atredies 12:01, March 16, 2011 (UTC)
- Nick O'Demus 00:18, March 23, 2011 (UTC)
We're also WAY behind on some of our featured content, especially the QOTW's and DYK's, so if you've got a couple of minutes, drop in and voice your opinions on any you like or dislike, and maybe we can get some of the backlog cleared out.
Thanks. - Nick O'Demus 09:06, April 25, 2011 (UTC)
When you've got a moment, please take a look at the following discussions:
We could really use your input. Thanks, Nick O'Demus 07:17, August 8, 2011 (UTC)
Hello I want to ask of you a question.
On Crabbe Sr. Talk you and Notdoppler wrote:
Wouldn't Crabbe have made an appearance during the fifth movie if he was one of the Death Eaters who participated in the Battle of the Department of Mysteries? Even though he may not have made a notable appearance, wouldn't he still have been among the croud of Death Eaters? Notdoppler 16:29, September 29, 2009 (UTC)
- He may have appeared in the film, but i don't think we should add it to his appearances section unless we have a source confirming his appearance. -Smonocco 15:32, September 29, 2009 (UTC)
- Which Death Eater in the fifth film was Crabbe?