|This page is an archive. Please do not edit the contents of this page. Direct any additional comments to the current talk page or contact an administrator for aid if no talk page exists.|
I think this one would certainly apply to all the work you've done. - Nick O'Demus 05:49, August 19, 2011 (UTC)
|This user is a watchdog against vandalism, spam, and fanon on this Wiki.|
- Thanks! I appreciate it. Just doing what I can to help make this a great wiki. -Shorty1982 11:13, August 19, 2011 (UTC)
- The message of his that I replied to was on your page so that's why I left my messages there. I apologize for any inconvenience. -Shorty1982 22:55, August 19, 2011 (UTC)
- It's alright. Also, in the future, I suggest when you want to reply to a message on your talk page, you leave it on the messager's page, not yours. That way, they're notified they have a new owl. -HoboHunter28- (Leave me an owl!) 22:58, August 19, 2011 (UTC)
- I just copied my responses to his talk page but it's not my place to copy his nor to completely delete any response so I didn't.
- The problem with responding on the other person's page is that there is no way to easily follow the conversation. If you want to be notified of a response you can follow the page. -Shorty1982 23:02, August 19, 2011 (UTC)
- If you want to do that, that's fine, I guess, but it's not terribly hard to leave an owl and then wait for the notification of a reply. -HoboHunter28- (Leave me an owl!) 23:04, August 19, 2011 (UTC)
Unidentified Hufflepuff girl at the Battle of Hogwarts (II)
The image was accidentally named siuch. As you can see in the image page, there is another copy of the real namesake. Otherwise, I re-uploaded an image of him with a slight change of name. Hugalugalicious 00:18, August 22, 2011 (UTC)
- I didn't even look at the name of the picture, didn't need to as I can tell a boy from a girl very easily. I've added the correct image to the infobox (and did it without removing the name field). -Shorty1982 00:51, August 22, 2011 (UTC)
James Albus Severus Potter
I see you've been undoing a lot of the stuff he's been putting on pages. I've posted a block request on Nick O'Demus's talk page, although he might not block him right away since he's a registered user. It might help if you vouch for me on the message I left. -HoboHunter28- (Leave me an owl!) 01:27, August 22, 2011 (UTC)
Because a Blasting Curse in the movie is shown by fire...! In all cases. It is a Reductor Curse obviously.. Maybe it can be another spell but definitely that wasn't Confringo! —The preceding unsigned comment was added by Cookmx (talk • contribs).
- You may be right. I haven't seen most of the movies so I don't know how the Blasting Curse looks in them.
- It helps to link to, or at least name, the article you're talking about when posting to talk pages. I read and edit so many articles in addition to being busy in my real life so I can't keep track of every edit in my head, nor who edited what, especially over a day later. I had to go look at your contribution page to remind myself what you're talking about. Also, please always sign talk page posts using four tildes. -Shorty1982 02:01, August 22, 2011 (UTC)
Well... I already explain you my reason... I hope you get it then :) Maybe I'm new here but not in HP World :)
BTW... If you see the "Reducto" page... You'll see the same color and form of spell that Molly used with Bellatrix
Cookmx 02:51, August 22, 2011 (UTC)
Hi, Shorty1982/Archive 1. It has been determined that you are a trusted member of this community and that we benefit from your contributions. Upon request or through my own discretion, I have granted you rollback privileges. This tool can be used to quickly revert vandalism and maintain the quality of this wiki. Please remember to use this tool with discretion and never in a content dispute. You should now see a "rollback" link when viewing a user's contributions. Thanks, and happy editing. grunny@talk:~$ 10:36, August 22, 2011 (UTC)
- Thank you! I appreciate the trust you are showing me and I promise not to misuse the privilege. -Shorty1982 23:00, August 22, 2011 (UTC)
Marcus Flint: 1995-1996 school year
Hi. I just noticed you updated the Marcus Flint page on Harry Potter wiki. And I just wanted to let you know that you've got the wrong information posted.
It was Graham Montague that was stuffed into the Vanishing Cabinet in Harry Potter and the Halfblood Prince. Marcus had already graduated Hogwarts in The Prisoner of Azakaban.
Muggleborn-Phoenix 22:51, August 22, 2011 (UTC)
- Thanks for catching that. I didn't double check the info, though I should have. All I did was fix up what the anonymous contributor added. -Shorty1982 22:59, August 22, 2011 (UTC)
Hello, are you intrested in writing fanon for harry potter, if so leave me a message? Sam TheTrueDoc 14:39, August 24, 2011 (UTC)
- Not interested in the least, thanks. -Shorty1982 11:03, August 24, 2011 (UTC)
Quirinus Quirrel's Wand
Sorry about how I kept changing the wand info, didn't realise the information was from Pottermore. Hellfire324 01:26, August 26, 2011 (UTC)
- No biggie, all you did was fix a typo. I was verifying the wand info by checking Quirrel's article (and it's references) when you made the change. The system wouldn't let me undo the anonymous contributor's edit without undoing yours first. -Shorty1982 01:34, August 26, 2011 (UTC)
Protection of Hogwarts
You said that my page (Protection of Hogwarts) is a candidate to delete, and I think it got another kind of idea of the Battle of Hogwarts, so, it makes no sense to delete.Dobby4ever 00:52, August 27, 2011 (UTC)
- In my opinion the article is unneeded as it contains the same information as the Battle of Hogwarts article. I started a discussion on Category talk:Candidates for deletion entitled Protection of Hogwarts so you, other users, admins, and I can discuss this topic in the proper place. Apparently we disagree on this topic therefore the appropriate thing to do is discuss it there and give our opinions and all to support our views. Our individual ideas of what happened do not belong on this wiki, what actually happened according to Canon does. -Shorty1982 01:16, August 27, 2011 (UTC)
ok ill leave the info be. Hellfire324 01:48, August 29, 2011 (UTC)
- Thanks. -Shorty1982 01:50, August 29, 2011 (UTC)
My sources are Pottermore which would lead to J.K.Rowling herself but it's not public so I can't exactly give official statements yet however there is a fan page on FaceBook who is currently distributing these facts if that helps - Neville did become Headmaster after McGonnagall retired —The preceding unsigned comment was added by 220.127.116.11 (talk • contribs).
Ummm... What? Is this Scott Davidson? Pottermore is referenced plenty of places around this wiki so it is possible to reference it. -Shorty1982 22:08, September 5, 2011 (UTC)
Order of Merlin
|Order of Merlin (Third Class)|
|The Order of Merlin is awarded to you by Nick O'Demus for having over one-thousand edits on the Harry Potter Wiki.|
I'm sorry about the Bathilda Bagshot page. That was my friend goofing off on my account.
RealSoap 22:56, September 8, 2011 (UTC)
in response to your talk comment
whether or not you find my edits to be helpful or irrelevant doesn't change that the original page/edits are biased. i spent hours on search engines and forums finding information on the metamorphmagi because of what the wiki said only to find that, nowhere--by j.k. or anyone else--was there any specified information that they did or didn't turn into animals fully. which is an oversight i'm sure since it's sort of odd to introduce a powerful gift like that and then just hang it out to dry without explaining it more, but that's irrelevant. if you are going to throw out everything i wrote that's fine, but it's ridiculous of you to leave up a blatantly biased (clearly only showing one side of the argument, honestly) edit when you know full well that that's just what it is, biased and one sided. it's an opinion, your opinion apparently since you disagree that it's possible (which again, is fine) and considering a lot of people take the wiki to heart/use it as their go to/live by it, it's irresponsible for you to knowingly leave it and not even attempt to make it more neutral than it is, whether or not you agree.
18.104.22.168 21:00, September 13, 2011 (UTC) i don't know how to work talk pages god d***it PRETEND I'M DOING IT RIGHT.
Thank you for removing that section from Rowena's page, I had before but Seth put it back as I didn't explain why it was remove (My fault) so I thought I would explain it to him so he could edit it. Thanks again
Mannd1068 23:20, September 13, 2011 (UTC)
NEVILLE: JK revealed that they never had romantic feelings for eachother, merely friendship. Adiposefriend 08:49, September 17, 2011 (UTC)
After you undid my edit, the ref tag now is broken again. Harry granger 12:11, September 19, 2011 (UTC)
Thank you for the explanation. That I did'nt know. The next time when I saw this I will better know what to do. Again, thank you. Harry granger 21:33, September 19, 2011 (UTC)
I just wanted to thank you for helping me and editing the article I made on marriage. I know it was pretty awful to start with but I felt like there should be something on it. So thanks for all the help.
MiakoSamuio 12:33, September 20, 2011 (UTC)
Sorry i pressed the wrong button.
Harryhogwarts 23:55, September 20, 2011 (UTC)harryhogwarts
Hello, I'm sorry for the coding mix up that erased some of the text. I was just about to fix it when I saw that you had already undone the edit. It says in your video rules that videos of scenes or pieces of the movie are to not to be posted- but we have legally licensed videos of just that. Is it ok to post them now that they are legally obtained or should I steer clear? ~Kmanwing
- Sorry about that. lol
- I have been waiting since I saw you post it... I'm not some vandal, I'm trying to help the wiki! [[User:Kmanwing]] 00:04, September 23, 2011 (UTC)
Seeing as he's just done it again, I think the best thing to do is to report any further infractions to an admin. Whenever he is told not to do something he makes it his mission to do it as many times as possible, just to prove that he can. I've given him many unnoficial warnings, but to no avail. I'm not going to be wasting anymore time trying to help him when he clearly has no interest in adjusting his behaviour. Jayden Matthews 16:24, September 28, 2011 (UTC)
Would you like to join our new Wiki you can become a Admin if you want.
if you want to go onto profile by typing in User:Chia* or clicking my signature once their cilck the image posting
for harry potter and warriors by erin.
hope you will.Chia* 22:34, September 29, 2011 (UTC)
- What is it about me that attracts people posting on my talk page about joining their wiki, fanon group, etc? I have never shown even the slightest interest in these things. -Shorty1982 22:41, September 29, 2011 (UTC)
- Deem it an honor - they know you are diligent, trustworthy, and hard-working or they wouldn't ask you ;)Wonka2011 18:33, October 4, 2011 (UTC)
I am watching their edits, and am currently trying to revert them as they appear to be mostly comprised of fanon. If you see such a suspicious edit either remove it, or (if you think it is potentially canon) ask them what's their source. --20:07, October 4, 2011 (UTC)
Problems with recent changes
You are guessing right. I am using Firefox and feared already that it could be the newest version. That is very annoying indeed.
What do you mean with you tend to use new tabs when browsing this site so you can pop back to Recent Changes quickly anyway. What exactly do you do? Harry granger 19:30, October 5, 2011 (UTC)
Thank you for your answer. Two article tabs I had done already at the same time when I want to answer someone and want to look at the same time what exactly has he / she written to me or when I see many mistakes on an article directly or in the edit mode that I want to correct on the whole page and not only in the different sections. Then you can look where is the mistake and go back to the other tab and correct it there. Once I had three, but that was the most. But that does not really solve the annoying new problem that Firefox has presented to us, does it? Harry granger 20:00, October 5, 2011 (UTC)
The best would be when there would be a forum by Firefox where the users could say what they do not like, which changes make problems, where they would answer questions and give help with upcoming problems resulting from the new version. The new problem you mentioned I don't know. There are a lot functions of the Internet I don't know because I am not one of the users who could use computer and internet from childhood time.
And thank you for the new link. I set a bookmark on this URL and will read it. Perhaps it helps. But it looks complicated, but perhaps only for me. Harry granger 20:24, October 5, 2011 (UTC)
Yes, yes. The config. When there is one thing I don't do anymore then changing things without knowing what can happen. You can experience the most amazing things, but they mostly are bad and often you have forgotten what exactly you have changed and how you can change it back.
I love Google, too, more than the others. But Yahoo is also good. Sometimes you find on Yahoo what you don't find on Google. Happened to me. Perhaps I find the Forum with Google, who knows. Harry granger 20:43, October 5, 2011 (UTC)
Re: Your edits
Thanks for the info on the red warning
I'm trying to do it right the first time - you guys have enough to do without correcting my problemsWonka2011 23:51, October 9, 2011 (UTC)
Userboxes and Profile.Hi Shorty, I was looking to expand my Profile but I can't figure out how. I can't make sense of the Userboxes instructions and wonder if you could help? The Blue Boxes represent what I want to know. I understand I can't hae Admin and Watchdog ones, but things like the Gryffindor Quidditch Team and Edits on the side would be great. Thanks. Padfoot. 06:42, October 12, 2011 (UTC)
Reply to what you said on my talk page about userboxes
I notice you said IP addresses rarely last a day. That is totally wrong as I've had this address, 22.214.171.124, for more than a month now. 126.96.36.199 21:35, October 28, 2011 (UTC)
Hi Shorty, after some discussion I've seen throughout the wiki, I've created a thread for discussing the current canon policy in the Wizengamot. I'd really love for you to share your two cents. Thanks,
Ministry Notifications 01:21, October 30, 2011 (UTC)