By the way, please be sure to sign your name on Talk and vote pages using four tildes (~~~~) to automatically produce your name and the current date. Be sure to verify your e-mail address in your preferences. Before attempting any major article rewrites please read the layout guide. If you have any questions, check out the policy and help pages (see here for editing help), add a question to the Community portal, view the forum or ask me on my talk page. Again, welcome!
Hi Seth. First off, nice picture.
Secondly, though, I've experienced a problem - I tried to download the "A Guide to Graphics Department" but was told it was invalid. Do you know why it might be doing so? I wanted to help more with the Limited Edition stuff, but I suppose there's other things to do.
- Thanks for the suggestion, but after waiting what it says is 20 minutes, it still says "Compressed folder <whatever it said, since I can't remember>.zip is invalid", and therefore wouldn't work. Do you know anyone who might know what's going on? Thanks, and sorry to keep bothering you. --Hunnie Bunn (Owl me!) 00:21, February 12, 2013 (UTC)
Limited Edition Book Set
- Nevermind. I found the forum post. ★ Starstuff (Owl me!) 04:11, February 12, 2013 (UTC)
Hi Seth. I was on the Harry Potter Wiki Facebook page, and I noticed someone posting quite a few comments there. I know your name on here is Seth Cooper (Rick M.) and therefore wondered whether this was yours? Sorry if it bothers or offends you, I know some people like to keep their Facebooks and Wikia accounts separate. --Hunnie Bunn (Owl me!) 21:10, February 12, 2013 (UTC)
- Thanks. And sorry bout the link. Do you mind if I add you as a friend, though? --Hunnie Bunn (Owl me!) 21:45, February 12, 2013 (UTC)
Re: Valentine's Day
Ah man, I was going to do it as soon as it rolled over to Valentine's Day, Wikia time. Ah well, I have a couple of other things I was planning to do, which I'll do once the time comes. So keep an eye out! ProfessorTofty (talk) 15:43, February 13, 2013 (UTC)
- I'm glad you enjoyed it. Though I must say, your work is equally worthy, and the Sneaky Lockhart is a very nice touch. ProfessorTofty (talk) 01:39, February 14, 2013 (UTC)
Time to lose the Lockhart stuff, I guess, but did we maybe want to keep the Valentine's Day theme up a bit longer, or lose that too? In any case, it's probably about time we ditched the Christmas stuff and moved on to something else. ProfessorTofty (talk) 00:10, February 15, 2013 (UTC)
- Yeah, I think that's a good idea. We can keep the Valentine's Day theme a bit longer, and as for the slider, the chat is a good idea, and perhaps just anything we can think of that might be of interest. There was that new cover art for Harry Potter and the Philosopher's Stone (U.S. Harry Potter and the Sorcerer's Stone) that was just released. So perhaps we could work that into there, along with a link to the artist who did the artwork (I'm planning to create that page sometime within the next 24 hours. ProfessorTofty (talk) 00:23, February 15, 2013 (UTC)
Harry Potter Limited Edition lists Amrose Swott and "Ambrose Swott" as two different people. Should I make a separate page for "Ambrose", or assume it was a typo? --Don't forget: Elvendork! (It's unisex!) 17:40, February 17, 2013 (UTC)
Nice you posted that to me, too, although I don't know why.18:33, February 17, 2013 (UTC)
New Infobox Field
Great idea with the new "creator" field in the infobox! I admit, I'm a tad envious that I wasn't the one to think of it, but at least someone did :)! Although, when I saw that you'd edited Cheering Charm, I thought maybe Pottermore had released something new :). Oh well, this was almost as cool. --Don't forget: Elvendork! (It's unisex!) 23:21, February 17, 2013 (UTC)
Hello Seth. Sorry to bother you, but this user has been saying nothing but rudeness since he joined the wiki today - all six of his edits have been decidedly negative. And this user made a slightly inappropriate blog, although I'm happy to say that some of their other edits - all comments on said blog - were at least well-mannered. --Don't forget: Elvendork! (It's unisex!) 15:42, February 18, 2013 (UTC)
- I'm afraid I don't know what it was all about, but thanks for dealing with it. --Don't forget: Elvendork! (It's unisex!) 15:51, February 18, 2013 (UTC)
- Hi, I've just read about this blog and only wanted to say: When you go on the user page of this user and click on blog you can already read this insane blog. Sorry, but that makes me sick. 16:17, February 18, 2013 (UTC)
Hi, I was wondering if it was okay for me to suggest changing the wiki-wordmark to a more modern looK (simple, one color, no gradients or border, etc.) I already made a new one. I personally think that it looks better as the current one. Thanks. -- PerryPeverell 13:24, February 20, 2013 (UTC)
- Alright, thank you! -- PerryPeverell 19:21, February 20, 2013 (UTC)
Hi Seth. Just wondered, where on that book about newts does it have information on the book with the really long name? Or is it the wrong image? --Don't forget: Elvendork! (It's unisex!) 22:38, February 24, 2013 (UTC)
Hi. I just wondered whether there was any way to permanently delete the history associated with one's userpage. Partly because of mean edits by anonymous users, and partly because of some of the more personal things I've put on there. Thanks. --Don't forget: Elvendork! (It's unisex!) 22:31, March 1, 2013 (UTC)
- If you're able to do so, sure and thanks. It's much appreciated :) -- Hunniebunn (It's unisex!) March 1, 2013 (UTC)
Hi. This user has told me over Facebook that she is not going to be returning to the Harry Potter Wiki. Should I make note of such at the top of her page? And then if she changes her mind and returns, she can always take the notice off... Don't forget: Elvendork! (It's unisex!) 15:36, March 3, 2013 (UTC)
- That's true. 1337star being the only other user I know to become inactive during my time here (should I start calling it the "Hunniebunn Era"? No?), I took his actions as an indication as to what to do. Don't forget: Elvendork! (It's unisex!) 15:41, March 3, 2013 (UTC)
The Floo Network
Hi Seth. Just wondering whether you'd seen this; it states that in Moment 3 of Chapter 4, new writing called "The Floo Network" (a different one from "Floo Powder") is available. But I can't find it. Have you been able to read it? Don't forget: Elvendork! (It's unisex!) 20:11, March 3, 2013 (UTC)
But what of the links at the end? Sorry to pester, but usually I can read the writing just by clicking the link at the end of the chapter - with this I couldn't. Would it work differently for you, or was that another well-guarded secret of Pottermore? Don't forget: Elvendork! (It's unisex!) 20:24, March 3, 2013 (UTC)
- Okay, I figured it might just have been me. And I don't know, I talked to someone else (that's how I found out the link was there) and they said they could only find it the first time, and that was six hours ago. So may be it's a glitch, but hopefully they just haven't put it up yet :) Don't forget: Elvendork! (It's unisex!) 20:35, March 3, 2013 (UTC)
- Just a thought, though - what if it's for Chapter 14 of the third book, and they simply put it in the wrong place? It would make sense, seeing how the sketch for that chapter showed Lupin appearing in the fire. Don't forget: Elvendork! (It's unisex!) 22:22, March 3, 2013 (UTC)
Great, that you spoke for the whole community. Thank you. When I sent my birthday cake to you, in Germany it was after midnight and so the 4th March, so I thought it would be the correct time.14:07, March 4, 2013 (UTC)
- Indeed, best returns for one of many excellent editors here on our community and a kindhearted person in general!This post is not unsigned. It's just hard to see. 20:21, March 4, 2013 (UTC)
I am trying to find the user : proffertofty .But I can't, please help !
Thanks,Luna Owl 19:11, March 9, 2013 (UTC)loveowl
- I'd be suspicious of what this user wants with Tofty (considering their history).
- Also, Happy Belated Birthday! I was notified via Errol, so the delivery was a bit overdue. >_>
- Nick O'Demus 19:52, March 9, 2013 (UTC)
So recently it came out from a direct source that one of the actors we had listed for an actor in the movie was wrong (though I wish I could have seen the sources I had listed before it was deleted, because I know I wouldn't have created a page on a random hunch unless I had seen it on another website >.<) but I decided to maybe go through and double check sourcing on all our real world actors and such, when I noticed that an anon recently made some new categories within the actor real world category specifiying nationality, like "American actors real world". So two questions, is this something we should keep, and personally I think if we do, so to not be redundant, I could go through and make sure it follows a cateogory tier, so like if it's an american actor, they only have that category and not the actors category as well, what do you think?
Hi Seth. I only wondered what your opinion was on this image; I thought they did a fine job on it. And I wondered what you thought of the questions themselves? Too easy? --Hunnie Bunn 16:47, March 17, 2013 (UTC)
Sorry to bother, just wondering, but wouldn't the film be more canon than the video game for the image on this page? --Am I annoying you yet? If not, let me know when I am. 21:03, March 19, 2013 (UTC)
- Ah, I see now. I did not know that when I first did it. Sorry for the bother. --Am I annoying you yet? If not, let me know when I am. 21:15, March 19, 2013 (UTC)
I noticed something on the article for Stuart Gibson, an actor who supposedly played Cassius Warrington. Check the reference link for the article. While most of the entries in the "Cast confirmed" list seem to be valid, it also lists "Johnpaul Castrianni" as "Yaxley", and I'm sure you remember how that one turned out. Should this be discounted as a valid reference? It may also affect other actor articles using the same reference (I haven't checked all of them yet). - Nick O'Demus 08:52, March 21, 2013 (UTC)
- I've been concerned about some of our reference links for actors for a while now. A few days ago, we were contacted by a Wikia staff member who asked that one of the actor pages be deleted because the actor had contacted them and said that he wasn't in the film. When I checked the references on the page, both of them were broken links or didn't have the info that they said they were supposed to. We have a lot of pages floating around for extras in the films and I can't help but wonder how many of them are actually valid. ProfessorTofty (talk) 16:28, March 21, 2013 (UTC)
- The information on those links must have changed, I know I wouldn't have made a page randomly without something that actually listed the harry potter film. Which brings to question, how many other sources that once said someone was on a Harry Potter film that are now changed or invalid links all together.
Hi Seth. Sorry to bother you, but could you please have a quick skim over some of the active talk pages? I would do so myself, but seeing how I'm the one who made most of them... --Am I annoying you yet? If not, let me know when I am. 22:11, March 21, 2013 (UTC)
New Book Opportunities
Hey there! Have you heard of The Bone Season or WOOL? The first is a great new YA dystopian book series with some aspects along the same veins as Harry Potter (but with a few key differences), and the second is a great sci-fi book you might find interesting. You can get more information about Bone Season here and WOOL here. The publishers are offering us some books to give to avid readers active on book wikis that would be interested, and you came to mind!
It would be awesome to get a read on what you thought of the series and if we could get a great community going on wikis based on these books. The Bone Season is already getting optioned for a film even though it hasn't been published yet, so you would be getting your hands on one of the first copies, and WOOL is supposed to be really great as well! We'd love for you to read them, so if you email me your address and name, we'd be happy to send those books along.
Grace 21:47, March 27, 2013 (UTC)
Sorry to bother you, but I wondered... I was thinking of making a page for the "-fors suffix", as it is used so often throughout the video games, and even appears twice in the trading card games. I just can't think of an appropriate title, as it would look awkward in my opinion to just call it "-fors suffix". Can you think of a good name for it? Thanks, it's much appreciated. --Hunnie Bunn (talk) 00:00, March 29, 2013 (UTC)
- Never mind, I made it... not sure how good it is. Also, I wondered your opinion on this would be? Thanks and sorry for the inconvenience. --Hunnie Bunn (talk) 00:08, March 31, 2013 (UTC)