By the way, please be sure to sign your name on Talk and vote pages using four tildes (~~~~) to automatically produce your name and the current date. Be sure to verify your e-mail address in your preferences. Before attempting any major article rewrites please read the layout guide. If you have any questions, check out the policy and help pages (see here for editing help), add a question to the Community portal, view the forum or ask me on my talk page. Again, welcome!
Hello! You recently edited Nymphadora Tonks to read that she and Sirius Black are second cousins, and provided an explanation. I apologize in advance if I misunderstood what you meant, but from everything I've read about determining degrees of consanguinity, they are first cousins once removed, not second cousins. If Sirius Black had a child, he or she would be Tonks' second cousin. She is the child of his first cousin (hence once removed means one generation difference between them). You can see this on Wikipedia's page about cousins. To quote the relevant parts:
- "My first cousin's child and I are first cousins once removed (one generation difference between us)"
- "My parent's first cousin and I are first cousins once removed (one generation difference between us)"
I won't change anything for now, as it's possible I'm missing something. Please reply here, or on my talk page. Thanks. Oread 17:14, 13 April 2008 (EDT)
Oh I'm sorry I didn't see that article about cousins. I thought I knew what I was talking about but obviously I don't. Sorry, my mistake, thanks for notyfying me. --Seán Travers 21:50, 25 April 2008 (UTC)Seán Travers, 22:50, 25 April 2008.
- No worries. :) I'll just change that then. Oread 00:19, 26 April 2008 (UTC)
Married Names Edit
Please stop creating articles such as Angelina Weasley née Johnson. We use the name most commonly used in the series ex: Hermione Granger (not Weasley), or Molly Weasley (not Prewett).--Matoro183 (Talk) 18:33, 28 July 2008 (UTC)
- You should use redirects. They work like this. On a page like the ones you were creating, you would type in: #REDIRECT [[page you want to redirect to]]. Hope that helps! -- 18:35, 28 July 2008 (UTC)
Hey there, Freakotone, I tried redirecting the article about Angelina Johnson and it was removed completely only until I took the redirect off. I would appreciate it if you redirected the articles for me! It just makes it easier when using family infoboxes to write Angelina Weasley née Johnson and such.--Seán Travers 18:47, 28 July 2008 (UTC)Seán Travers
- I think he meant for you to redirect the page you made to the article that already exists.--Matoro183 (Talk) 19:29, 28 July 2008 (UTC)