- Talk Page Archive 1
Please read the Editing policy. Your user page is not your primary contribution to this wiki; you need to do more than just edit your user page, because, right now 100% of your edits were made on it. Happy editings. -- Seth Cooper (Owl Post) 23:22, 28 May 2009 (UTC)
Alright Sorry just making some edits to my page before I start! I want to make sure every spell is up to date. Thanks!
Please visit the Ravenclaw Tower frequently so that you can help your house in the House Points Game (go Ravenclaw!).--Hermione524 18:05, 29 May 2009 (UTC)
If you want to be a player in the House Points Game, you have to sign up. Have you done so yet? Hermione524 00:39, 30 May 2009 (UTC)
Sorry, I guess I just didn't see you before. Hint:A great way to earn points is to write a long article on a subject that you know a lot about! Hermione524 00:44, 30 May 2009 (UTC)
- I didn't mean to make it sound like you are stupid. What you need to do is to check the box in your preferences that says 'custom signature.'--Matoro183 (Talk) 23:14, 4 June 2009 (UTC)
No, I don't like removing comments from my talk page. Although offensive, I like to keep a record of them. --03:15, 17 July 2009 (UTC)
i am kind of new to harry potter wikia, how do you do an advanced signature?
Categories like "Females", "Males" and "Humans" are only used on in-universe individuals. --23:34, 20 July 2009 (UTC)
- Also, if an article is in a category (say "Chasers" for instance), it does not also need to be in the "Quidditch players" category (since the "Chasers" category is in the "Quidditch players" category...its implied). -- 23:47, 20 July 2009 (UTC)
- It's ok. I used to do the exact same thing myself. -- 00:10, 21 July 2009 (UTC)
How do you know what people have written when they write about something? --Bongo2009 15:40, 21 July 2009 (UTC)
yes i know about the community thing, but if i write a full paragraph on an article. How would you know what to delete what i have written? --Bongo2009 15:47, 21 July 2009 (UTC)
In order to receive rollback privileges, you have to put your name onto the Requests for Permissions page. Then it'll be submitted to voting by the community. Once the voting closes, a bureaucrat gives you the privileges. You should go and submit yourself to voting; you being a dilligent user, I trust you'll have no problems aquiring said privileges. -- 00:31, 23 July 2009 (UTC)
- Hi, Profiteor/Archive 1. It has been determined that you are a trusted member of this community and that we benefit from your contributions. Upon request or through my own discretion, I have granted you rollback privileges. This tool can be used to quickly revert vandalism and maintain the quality of this wiki. Please remember to use this tool with discretion and never in a content dispute. You should now see a "rollback" link when viewing a user's contributions. Thanks, and happy editing. Good enough for me. -- DarkJedi613 (Talk) 22:19, 23 July 2009 (UTC)
Please do not upload images if you have no intent to use them in articles. The Harry Potter Wiki is not an image host for you to upload pictures to for storage. Any such images will be deleted on sight. Also, the filenames for the articles are the same as filenames from another website which has those images. I would suggest not using said images in future, since they may object to us using these images which they have taken time to create. Cavalier One(Wizarding Wireless Network) 22:18, 26 July 2009 (UTC)
Re:Order of Merlin
You receive a 3rd class for 1000 edits, 2nd class for 2000 edits and a 1st class for 3000 edits. Of course I'll be delighted to award you one when you reach 1000! --22:48, 26 July 2009 (UTC)
Order of Merlin (Third Class) The Order of Merlin is awarded to you by Seth Cooper for having over one-thousand edits on the Harry Potter Wiki.
- Congrats! -- 11:35, 27 July 2009 (UTC)
Problem with other languages ??
Hi, You have deleted my addition to Peruvian Vipertooth. It was only a link towards an article from the french wikia HP. In the french wikia, I add a link towards the english version too. Could you explain this deletion to me ? Thank you. --Famini71 16:04, 28 July 2009 (UTC)
I correct the link, thank you for your help, I have forgotten a ]. Have a good day ! --Famini71 16:51, 28 July 2009 (UTC)
how do you create a user box for your own main page or use other peoples user boxes? P€|\|δ\/!|\|$£@|\|₁⁰₁ 15:11, 4 August 2009 (UTC)
how do you create a rederect because i think there should be one from cuaditch to quiddich. Penguinsfan101 P€|\|δ\/!|\|$£@|\|₁⁰₁ 19:05, 12 August 2009 (UTC)
Order of Merlin Second Class
Hi Profiteor. I've know made almost 2100 edits and for some reason I still have yet to be awarded an "Order of Merlin Second Class". How long does it usually take for a user to be awarded a new class? Thanks. -- GrouchMan (Send an owl then scram!!) 23:16, 20 August 2009 (UTC)
Order of Merlin
Thanks for the Order of Merlin. I was beginning to wonder if I'd hit 4,000 before anybody noticed. : ) - Nick O'Demus 00:59, 29 August 2009 (UTC)
You've got close to 1500 edits, and you're active on a regular basis, so I think you're qualified to become a Prefect. We'll have to adjust the eligibility guidelines to allow for users who haven't received a Prefect badge to become Prefects in the event there aren't enough active Prefect badge winners to fill all the Prefect openings. ★ Starstuff (Owl me!) 17:23, 29 August 2009 (UTC)
Hi Profiteor, congratulations on becoming Hufflpuff prefect number two. Jayden Matthews 18:44, 29 August 2009 (UTC)
Likewise. We've got alot of work to do, like customizing the Hufflepuff commonroom and putting together a Quidditch team maybe we can work on that together sometime? Take care. :) Jayden Matthews 18:58, 29 August 2009 (UTC)
Sounds good, looking forward too it. :) Jayden Matthews 19:24, 29 August 2009 (UTC)
Hi Profiteor. This is just a courtisey call to let you know that I've sadly had a loss in my family, and so I won't be around for the next few weeks or so. I thought it best to let you know, as I didn't want you thinking I just upped and left, leaving you to deal with all the prefect stuff on your own. I will try my best to be back here for when the house points game starts again, but if I think I'm not going to make it I promise I will let you know so that someone else can be a prefect. Thnanks for listening, and take care. Jayden Matthews 16:28, 30 August 2009 (UTC)
Thank you, that's really kind. I'm actually leaving the country, so I've no way of knowing for certain when I'll be back. I promise I'll do my best to keep you posted though. Jayden Matthews 16:49, 30 August 2009 (UTC)
Order of Merlin, Second Class
Order of Merlin (Second Class) The Order of Merlin is awarded to you by Seth Cooper for having over two-thousand edits on the Harry Potter Wiki.
--22:13, September 1, 2009 (UTC)
- No problem. Fixed! -- 22:17, September 1, 2009 (UTC)
Hi Profiteor, it's Jayden. First and foremost I want to say how completely and utterly overwhelmed I am by the ammount of sympathy and support I've recieved from the members of this site. The fact that people from all over the world whom I barely know could care so much is...well, let's just say I cried when I saw the card, thank you so much. I promise I am going to thank each and every person who has left messages of support on my talk-page when I come back, escpecially Nick and Starstuff for the card. I promised you an update on my situation, so here it goes. My brother's funeral is next friday, and I'm hoping to come home the following wednesday. My access to the internet is pretty limited right now, so this will probably be the last time you here from me until I return. When I do return home, I will not be coming back to the wiki straight away. as I'm sure you can appreciate I'm going to need time. However, I full intend to continue to be a part of this incredible community, and working with you amazing people. Thank you again for all that you've done for me. I hope to speak to you again soon. Take care. Jayden Matthews 18:28, September 3, 2009 (UTC)
How do i get to ravenclaw tower. --Nevillefan007 21:07, September 3, 2009 (UTC)Nevillefan007
House Points prefects
Actually, we were just talking about that.
- Gryffindor - Cubs Fan2007 is confirmed, but Hellabore hasn't been active since June, and hasn't responded to messages. Margiechocoholic might be a good choice to take over.
- Hufflepuff - I don't see any need to replace Jayden Matthews. It sounds like he'll be back in a couple of weeks or so, I can help you out with stuff for a few days until he returns.
- Ravenclaw - Seth Cooper is confirmed. We haven't heard back from Oread yet, but she was active just a week ago, so we can give it a few more days. If not, either Matoro183 or You-Know-Who could probably do it.
- Slytherin - Jayce Carver has stepped down as Prefect due to time limitations, and Smonocco has declined for similar reasons, although both will still participate as regular players. None of the other current Slytherins are elligible, so for now, Starstuff will be going solo.
Nick O'Demus 02:22, September 5, 2009 (UTC)
Minute of silence
Hey Profiteor. Firstly I just wanted to say sorry that I'm not continuing with my prefect duties this year. I've just started a new job, so I really just don't have the time. Secondly, I think I'm right in saying it's Jayden brother's funeral next friday? I thought it might be a respectful gesture if we call for a minute of silence at somepoint on that day. What do you think? Jayce •Avada Kedavra•Crucio•Imperio• 14:47, September 5, 2009 (UTC)
Excellent. It just seems like a nice thing to do. I've been to many funerals in my time, although I've never lost anyone nearly as close as a brother before. I can't imagine how hard this must be for him, but I'm sure he'll be glad to know we were thinking of him on that difficult day. Jayce •Avada Kedavra•Crucio•Imperio• 15:04, September 5, 2009 (UTC)
- The minute of silence is a good idea, but I think it might be difficult to observe, given that we have editors from many different time zones. 9:00AM here in Vancouver is 12:00PM in New York City and 5:00PM in London. Of course, we could set it up so that the time of the minute of silence is flexible rather than fixed, like "10:05AM Friday in your time zone." Alternatively, on Friday we could put up a notice somewhere on the site, requesting that people sign the condolences card. ★ Starstuff (Owl me!) 14:03, September 7, 2009 (UTC)
House Points Game start date
It looks like Starstuff still isn't back from her trip yet, so we're going to have to push back the start of the game just a few days (we also need just a bit more time to fine-tune some of the machanics). Tentatively, I'm going to set the new start date as the 20th, and I'll let our Prefects know if anything changes. Thanks for your patience. - Nick O'Demus 18:20, September 14, 2009 (UTC)
Video game characters
I noticed you recently cleaned up the Roland Abberley article. You wouldn't happen to have actually played the DS version of HBP, would you? The reason I ask is that the guy who created that article created about 9 more, and as English doesn't seem to be their first language, they all need reworking. They're listed here on their contributuions page, everything created on Sep. 12th, from Scott Ancrum to Roland Abberley. - Nick O'Demus 20:56, September 14, 2009 (UTC)
New HPG guidelines
I've added some new guidelines (based on suggestions from Nick O'Demus) on the amount of points that should be given for certain types of contributions to the House Points Game policy page. Please review these new guidelines, and if you have any concerns or ideas for improvement, feel free to let me know. Thanks! ★ Starstuff (Owl me!) 23:54, September 19, 2009 (UTC)
New HPG term has started
This is just a message to let you know that the new term of the House Points Game started at 00:00 September 20 (UTC). As a Prefect, you can begin giving points, as well as encouraging your House and helping to direct its collaborative work at the Hufflepuff Cellar. If you see someone with a Hufflepuff userbox on their userpage who hasn't joined the game yet, feel free to drop them a note. ★ Starstuff (Owl me!) 00:31, September 20, 2009 (UTC)
Harry Potter Wiki:House points Game
Hey, I just dropped by to say that picture is really quite excellent... Eleanor Rigby
Book & Film articles