*Talk Page Archive 1 (June-September 2009)
Re: Admin welcome Edit
Thanks! I appreciate it, it's good to be on-board. Oh, and if you have a moment, could you review the Featured articles nominations and possibly weigh in on some of them? I recently got the process started up again and I'd like to get some people to vote on the nominations that have been made. ProfessorTofty (talk) 02:39, January 14, 2013 (UTC)
You flatter me, really. If it is in the best interest of the wiki, I'd gladly accept nomination. --20:18, January 15, 2013 (UTC)
Re: Other featured content Edit
You're completely right, it could all use a good lookover. I was hoping to clear out some of the backlog on the Featured articles stuff first, and then maybe move on to that. ProfessorTofty (talk) 21:00, January 15, 2013 (UTC)
- Hm... it should work. Do you mean you can't click on it, or just that it doesn't seem to lead anywhere? Either way, here's the site: http://www.gamesover.com/HP7/level11.htm, in case you still can't get the link to work so you can copy and paste it into your search bar. --Hunnie Bunn (talk) 00:00, January 16, 2013 (UTC)
- That's odd... anyways, it's pretty much just a video game guide for the seventh video game, with a screenshot calling Expulso the "Expulso Spell"; I wouldn't have asked first, but as it wasn't an official source I wasn't sure if we could use it or not. By the way, your name isn't turning up orange as it should when an admin edits, and sorry if I sounded rude in my edit note on the Boggart page. --Hunnie Bunn (talk) 00:10, January 16, 2013 (UTC)
Videos and references issue Edit
This was an issue that came up a while back when Wikia added in the "Media galleries" feature. As Hunnie Bunn indicated, if you find any others like that, you can just change "widths" to "width" and it should solve the problem. Most of them have already been taken care of, but there may still be one or two here or there that have the issue. ProfessorTofty (talk) 23:58, January 15, 2013 (UTC)
Hi. Sorry to keep bothering you. But I had two questions.
- Would it be all right if I change the "their" in your last message to Professor Tofty to "his", as it's just one talk page?
- I see you opened up a vote for Seth Cooper to be a bureaucrat; am I allowed to vote?
Re: Expulso Spell and Orange Edit
The link loaded okay for me, however, given that this is an unofficial gameplay and strategy site, I can't endorse a change in the spell name based simply on the information of this site. And as for your name not appearing in orange, I can see it in orange on the Recent Changes, but not the Recent Wiki Activity. ProfessorTofty (talk) 00:57, January 16, 2013 (UTC)
I wonder which of the Death Eater in 4 film was Avery?
HP on the WebEdit
Hello! How would you feel about taking part of the responsibility for the Harry Potter Wiki Twitter (@Official_HPWiki) and Facebook? We are looking for someone or some people who would be interested in maintaining the accounts! We usually like to update daily, but we also like to have fun with it! I am contacting you because you seem pretty active on this wiki, so if you are interested in learning more, please let me know! If you are not interested, but can think of other users that would be and would maintain the accounts regularly, please let me know as well, thanks!
Grace 23:04, January 18, 2013 (UTC)
Possibly same character Edit
Hello Nick O'Demus I noticed that: Unidentified Death Eater (III) and Unidentified Male Death Eater (III) has the same costume .If it's the same character then we're on this Wiki progressed a further .Talk it over with the other Admins .
Non-beings as creatures. Edit
Hope you don't mind me disagreeing with you, but I am not sure that categorizing "non-beings" as "creatures" is correct. Unless you define "non-beings" as "other-than-beings", it is logically contradictory. MinorStoop 13:13, January 22, 2013 (UTC)
Bullying Report Edit
Hi. According to this user I am constantly harassing and bullying him on his talk page and to use his words "tearing [him] apart". You can find the comments here. I figured I'd let you know in case you wanted to block me or something, whatever it is you do when you see mean comments. Thanks! Hunnie Bunn (talk)
However, ProfessorTofty and I were thinking of starting a Reading Club (or so, I asked and Professor Tofty said it was worth considering). Would you be interested in participating? --Hunnie Bunn (Owl me!) 02:06, January 28, 2013 (UTC)
Thank you for changing the page Avery (Marauder-era)!Edit
RE:RE:Linking and Reading Club Edit
Sorry it took so long to respond, my computer kept on shutting itself down before I realized it needed charging... As toward the linking matter, I think perhaps it would be best to expand the two wikis before beginning to link this one to them, as this one is so large by comparison. Toward the reading club, though - we look forward to seeing you there, and it should be good fun. --Hunnie Bunn (Owl me!) 12:59, February 1, 2013 (UTC)
Hi, thank you. I've just accepted. Nice to know another Hufflepuff from here on Pottermore. I hope they don't need too long to go on with the book. This waiting is annoying.16:53, February 1, 2013 (UTC)
Template:Quidditch Tournament infoboxEdit
Sorry for messing up the template. That was not my intention. I confused this wiki with another and made and saved the change here instead in the other wiki. Sorry again for the trouble.22:03, February 2, 2013 (UTC)
Okay then, forget harpies. I'm Belac Reteet, by the way. Hey, I wanted to tell you something. We're having a debate on the Horcrux Talk Page about whether horcruxes count as living things or mere objects. We could use more people, so I thought I'd let you know. Catch ya later!belacreteet (talk) 19:05, February 12, 2013 (UTC)
You have to agree that it's adorable! -- 15:50, February 13, 2013 (UTC)
hi why did you delete that Ellie Samantha page?
I know Ellie Samantha in real life and the casting director of Harry Potter told her she was really close to getting the part, he said if Helena hadn't got it she would.
Susan Bones Edit
No affence (offence? offense? ofence? a fence?), but shouldn't we be using the film image, even if it is outdated, because films are second tier canon and video games are third tier? Sorry to bother. --Don't forget: Elvendork! (It's unisex!) 23:21, February 23, 2013 (UTC)
Igor Karkaroff ageEdit
Thanks for correcting. We may have been editing at the same time, or else I would have seen the age removal. Thanks. --22.214.171.124 16:14, March 4, 2013 (UTC)
If you have a moment, could I talk to you on chat? Whenever you have the chance is fine. I'm going to be on and off throughout this morning (and probably for at least fifteen minutes from the posting of this message), so if you get this, just holler, and we can talk. Otherwise, just if we see each other on and editing at the same time. ProfessorTofty (talk) 11:37, March 10, 2013 (UTC)
- Thanks. Some of those do look vaguely familiar, and I'll certainly keep my eyes open for them. ProfessorTofty (talk) 12:07, March 10, 2013 (UTC)
Original Research Edit
Hi Nick. I saw your message on this thriving discussion about using anything other than canon to apply to canon. Does this therefore apply to dates perceived from mathematics (i. e. dates students were born or when they graduated from Hogwarts, etc.) and does that mean that Jelly-Legs Jinx should be unmerged from Jelly-Legs Curse? Or Gemino Curse (Doubling Charm) from Geminio? Finite Incantatem from General Counter-Spell? Admittedly, I did all of the above merges, but it was with little to no opposition. Shouldn't I have? Should all speculation be removed? (PS, Sorry if I come across as standoffish or whatnot, but I'm being a bit paranoid here). Cheers, Hunnie Bunn! 13:26, March 10, 2013 (UTC)
Hey Nick O'Demus. I'm Belac Reteet. Just wanted to ask if you're the one who deleted my mortals category page. Catch ya later!belacreteet (talk) 18:07, March 10, 2013 (UTC) Sorry Nick, it turns out I was wrong - it was ProfessorTofty after all. Please disregard these messages. --Hunnie Bunn! 18:15, March 10, 2013 (UTC)
Killed by categories Edit
Not having categories of only one article makes sense, but there are already quite a few that fit that case in Category:Individuals by killer. Just letting you know so you can delete those. --SnorlaxMonster 06:59, March 13, 2013 (UTC)
Quote of the Week Edit
Thank you for taking care of adding the recent additions to the archive. I wasn't familiar with how to get to it. Since they've been placed there now, I'm going to go ahead and remove them from the nominations page, so they're not cluttering it up anymore. ProfessorTofty (talk) 18:23, March 13, 2013 (UTC)
So recently it came out from a direct source that one of the actors we had listed for an actor in the movie was wrong (though I wish I could have seen the sources I had listed before it was deleted, because I know I wouldn't have created a page on a random hunch unless I had seen it on another website >.<) but I decided to maybe go through and double check sourcing on all our real world actors and such, when I noticed that an anon recently made some new categories within the actor real world category specifiying nationality, like "American actors real world". So two questions, is this something we should keep, and personally I think if we do, so to not be redundant, I could go through and make sure it follows a cateogory tier, so like if it's an american actor, they only have that category and not the actors category as well, what do you think?
Re: Category notability Edit
Thanks for fixing up the "Quidditch teams with robes" thing. And yes, I'd defnitely be up for a discussion of standards regarding category notability-- I do agree that it's seemed like it's gotten a bit out of control lately. ProfessorTofty (talk) 14:43, March 16, 2013 (UTC)
Oh, boy. What to do: categorically remove the possibly misleading statements, or should we try to find additional references that confirm his participation in the film? --14:08, March 21, 2013 (UTC)
Interwiki Linking Edit
Hi, I'm Eladkse - an admin at Community Central. One of my responsibilities it to help manage interwiki links between wikis of different languages. I'm calling by to ask if you could confirm that the German wiki de.harrypotter is indeed the correct interwiki variant for Harry Potter Wiki. Due to unknown reasons, harrypotter (sans hyphen) is also linked to this wiki, and i need to know which is correct so I can fix it. Many thanks. Eladkse (talk) 15:24, April 2, 2013 (UTC)
- I'm not an admin anywhere of relevance, but I have something to contribute. Over a month ago, I made a forum post with a very long list of foreign-language Harry Potter wikis: you can find it here. It lists both German wikis in question and dozens more languages: Danish, Catalan, etc, many of which aren't linked to this one. I asked if the the admins here would like to get their wiki linked to these wikis. ProfessorTofty deferred the decision to community consensus. Admirable, but nobody ever posted again. I s'pose Eladkse's business is top priority, but you might take a look at my thread too. Elecbullet (talk) 22:17, April 2, 2013 (UTC)
Hi. Just wondering, how does one make the names of pages italic? I know how here, but on the Potter Dictionary Wiki (a wiki just about the books), it doesn't work so well (an example can be seen here). Could you please help? Thanks. --Hunnie Bunn (talk) 22:46, April 2, 2013 (UTC)
Redirects to talk pagesEdit
Just asking confirmation, next time I meet a redirect to a talk page, I'll tag it for deletion instead to fix it as a redirect? MinorStoop 12:01, April 18, 2013 (UTC)
- Thanks! MinorStoop 20:14, April 19, 2013 (UTC)
I have four things to ask:
1. I would like to add a "Reception" section to the Draco Malfoy page regarding his popularity and the tendency of people to pair him with Hermione, as well as the fact that he directly inspired the "Draco in Leather Pants" trope.
3. "Sorcerer's Stone" should at least be mentioned as an alternate name or alias in the Philosopher's Stone article.
4. I would like to create an article on the audiobook splicing series known as "Dirty Potter", or at least add it to the list of parodies page. Is it notable enough for a mention here, or even its own page?
False info i meant to say that if anyone used their own information or which is irrelevant what can i do to get to know about it
Appparently Wikipedia changed the way it does the URLs for page histories since the Wikipedia template was created on here. It's directing to "w/wiki/pagename&action=history", but apparently "w/index.php?title=pagename&action=history" is what is now needed in order to get to the page history. I'm going to try to see if I can get it to work, but in the meantime, I'm letting you know, just in case you might know something that I don't to fix it. ProfessorTofty (talk) 21:15, April 25, 2013 (UTC)
- Ah, okay. Well, I have one or two other things I want to try, but if those don't work, then yeah, I guess we ask Grunny. ProfessorTofty (talk) 21:52, April 25, 2013 (UTC)
Just a Few Questions... Edit
Also, I wondered if you knew why the infobox on here was acting the way it did... I still remember how hard you tried to help with the titles and appreciate it a lot even if it wasn't quite the way you wanted it to turn out... we did manage in the end, though :) --Hunnie Bunn (talk) 21:57, April 26, 2013 (UTC)
- The infobox will expand with the text being put into it, so that with certain amounts of text, the infobox will expand to fill the whole page. That's in contrast to here, where the text will begin appearing underneath or whatever. Thanks for the help, we really appreciate it. --Hunnie Bunn (talk) 22:09, April 26, 2013 (UTC)
- I also wondered if you wanted admin/bureaucrat rights on the Potter Dictionary Wiki, they're available too... I know you'll be spending most wiki-time on your already working-on wikis, but we need another admin for when there is only one. I have also extended this offer to ProfessorTofty just in case... you, Harry granger and he might be working together there, if you accept :) --Hunnie Bunn (talk) 13:21, April 28, 2013 (UTC)
I really thank you for the info.
I see... hopefully ProfessorTofty will, then, because we need someone by next weekend.
Just a question Edit
I wasn't sure where to post this, so I figured I'd ask you. The "Memory Charm" page claims that the "Memory-Modifying Charm" mentioned to have been invented by Mnemone Radford is "Obliviate", which makes sense when one considers that she later became the Ministry's first Obliviator. However, the "modifying" portion of the name suggests one would use it to modify memories, the way Voldemort's false memory charm worked. Where should I post this theory? And what is your opinion, if you have any? --Hunnie Bunn (talk) 22:00, April 30, 2013 (UTC)
My Wikia Edit
One of Wikia's staff left a message on my talk page regarding displaying an ad for Wikia's My Wikia app service on the homepage. Personally, I have nothing against the idea, but I wanted to run it by the other admins first, just to make sure. ProfessorTofty (talk) 23:32, May 6, 2013 (UTC)
Hi Nick. Sorry to bother you, but I wanted to adapt the spell infobox on our wiki because it has the same problem as the individual infobox did. However, there wasn't anything in the tutorial about what to do if individual sections were unnecessary, and everything I tried just made it worse. Could you please help? Thank you. --Hunnie Bunn (talk) 23:27, May 7, 2013 (UTC)
Thamk you. Edit
Hi. Just figured I'd let you know, there's a forum here where we're debating on whether to let Danniesen back, and we wondered if you could please provide your opinion (should you have one, of course). --Hunnie Bunn (talk) 15:28, May 19, 2013 (UTC)
How did you change your picture to one that's not on this site.
Dear Mr. NickEdit
Can you please award me Order of Merlin First class, Prefect badge and tell me how do you have your unique signature ????
Yours most sincerely,
Thank you, SirEdit
I really thank you for the directions you showed for my unique signature
<html> <head></head> <font color='red"><font size=8><font face='Freestyle Script'> Amit Joshi </body> </html> (talk) 11:22, June 4, 2013 (UTC)
Striked talk page?Edit
Oh my God, what happened to your talk page?15:57, June 16, 2013 (UTC)