Before editing, be sure to read the wiki's policies. Please sign your name on Talk and vote pages using four tildes (~~~~) to automatically produce your name and the current date. Be sure to verify your e-mail address in your preferences. Before attempting any major article rewrites please read the layout guide. If you have any questions, check out the policy and help pages (see here for editing help), add a question to the Community portal, view the forum or ask me on my talk page. Again, welcome!
Thanks for that! I'll get started with telling people on their talk pages now. Also, do you think we could fix the talk page for Gryffindor Tower? It isn't working. Thanks. --Margiechocoholic 01:57, 25 April 2009 (UTC)
Thanks for fixing that. I've also now done some pretty major edits on the Quidditch Pitch page, and have informed all Gryffindor players in the House Points Game (apart from you and the prefects) that the Quidditch try-outs are now happening. Anything else you want me to work on? Thanks. --Margiechocoholic 02:48, 25 April 2009 (UTC)
Thanks + Fouls templateEdit
Hey! Thanks so much for the prefect badge! Also, I'm not exactly sure what you want me to do with the Quidditch fouls infobox template. Sorry, but this is the first time I've done this sort of thing. Do I need to put the infobox template on pages in that category? Or do I need to edit it so that it comes to a higher standard? Thanks again. --Margiechocoholic 04:30, 25 April 2009 (UTC) Also, would it be alright if I asked other users to join the Gryffindor, or other houses in the house points game? Thanks. --Margiechocoholic 04:46, 25 April 2009 (UTC)
Quidditch infobox templateEdit
Sorry but I am having so much trouble with this I can't seem to make it work or get rid of the funny text at the beginning. Perhaps you could ask someone more experienced than me? --Margiechocoholic 06:05, 25 April 2009 (UTC)
Gryffindor Quidditch Team articleEdit
I was just wondering how you knew that there was no Hogwarts Quidditch Cup in the 1997-1998 school year. Is this an assumption? Or not? Because then I can reference the statement. Thanks. --Margiechocoholic 06:05, 25 April 2009 (UTC)
- Thanks for the points, I've now finished my edits on the article. --Margiechocoholic 06:35, 25 April 2009 (UTC)
Okay, I'll start adding more info to the articles in the Quidditch fouls category now. --Margiechocoholic 07:02, 25 April 2009 (UTC)
Re: Captain Edit
Sure, I'd love to be a Captain! We just need to organise practises, strategies, and stuff like that, right? Thanks. --Margiechocoholic 07:06, 25 April 2009 (UTC)
- Thanks. I do have some ideas. Have a look at the explanations of the positions I added to the Quidditch try-outs page. That way, each team-member has a specific role. I think we really need to work on recruiting people though, because so far we're the only ones on the team. Perhaps you could make some badges (if you know how) or something similar, as an incentive for users to join. I'm going to try to recruit some people now. --Margiechocoholic 07:29, 25 April 2009 (UTC)
|This user supports is a chaser for the Gryffindor Quidditch team.|
Gryffindor Quidditch TeamEdit
The badges look fantastic! Well done. The only problem is that they all say "an" instead of "a". I've fixed the ones on my talk page, user page, and here. I'll do the ones at the Gryffindor Quidditch Pitch after this. Don't worry though, I still think they look fabulous! You did a really great job. --Margiechocoholic 10:18, 25 April 2009 (UTC)
I have a few ideas for articles for the team to work on, but do they need to be all Quidditch-related? Here are some articles which need sourcing, images, and have so much more potential in terms of information:
- Gryffindor Tower
- Harry Potter and the Order of the Phoenix
- Philosopher's Stone
- Ministry of Magic
There are also some articles I created a while back which I think could get up to FA status if we tried:
Thanks. --Margiechocoholic 10:18, 25 April 2009 (UTC)
Hi, I was really busy this week so sorry for not getting up to much. Thanks, --Margiechocoholic 07:25, 1 May 2009 (UTC)
It doesn't seem like this user really is a bot, so could you remove the bot template on your userpage? I'm sorry if I'm wrong, but this really just looks like you logged in as another user, which is not a bot.--Matoro183 (Talk) 12:08, 25 April 2009 (UTC)
- That's not what a bot is. A bot is a user controlled by a computer program to perform mundane tasks -- see User:DarkJedi613 bot.--Matoro183 (Talk) 23:48, 25 April 2009 (UTC)
Re: More ideas Edit
Insert non-formatted text here
Hey! I think that's a really good idea. Perhaps we can start off with one article to work on (using the Quidditch practise page) and also we can have a vote for what next week's article should be. Everyone can write down any ideas they have for making the article more interesting. I think it would be cool to get a bit creative and make our Quidditch practise article really something out of the ordinary (in a good way). We'll see if anyone has any ideas on how to make them really special. Perhaps the practise week can start tomorrow and go from Tuesday to Tuesday (although, this might be a problem if, like for me, the site time isn't the same as the actual time i.e. time differences). I think it would be a good idea to set up the page and owl everyone a bout it. --Margiechocoholic.
- That's great! I really like the poll system. Good job. I'll see if we can tell team-members to check it out, but after today I'm going to be really busy this week (and as much as I love it I can only hope that I don't get distracted by this wiki. I have a huge assignment due on Friday). Are we going to post this on the Quidditch Pitch and Practise pages? --Margiechocoholic.
It's not a problem. The poll coding should work if you include it on your user page, it's just that we do not allow such templates in the template namespace. - Cavalier One(Wizarding Wireless Network) 07:46, 27 April 2009 (UTC)
Re: Quidditch Pitch Edit
Okay I'll do some work on the article now then I'll vote for it, although I don't think there's that much more to do. I think it's worthy. Also, do you agree with me in thinking that FAs are featured for too long? --Margiechocoholic 07:42, 1 May 2009 (UTC)
I agree it should be nominated. I have edited and voted for it, you can see my support comment to see what I think. It has all the information it could possibly contain. --Margiechocoholic 08:04, 1 May 2009 (UTC)
The intro definately needs to be expanded as that's the piece of text that goes on the main page when it's featured. At the moment it's only a few lines, which wont look to impressive. Also I'd suggest finding images of all the diffrent stadiums from Quidditch World Cup, and write a paragraph about each one, describing the locations, diffrences in architectual style etc. I'd be glad to help if you need me. Jayce Carver Talk 08:43, 1 May 2009 (UTC)
Yeah, no problem. I'm just leaving for college right now, but i'll try to get started later this evening, if not tommorow. If you can find any more images of the stadiums that would be a good start, I've noticed that we already have some, but there a few missing. Jayce Carver Talk 08:55, 1 May 2009 (UTC)
I don't think "Quidditch pitch" currently meets the requirements for a Featured Article. Though I've offered some advice on how it might be polished up on the nomination page, I don't think I will be able to take on any of those suggestions myself, as there are quite a few things on my personal to-do list that I've yet to complete. But I wouldn't mind helping out with stuff like proof-reading. ★ Starstuff (Owl me!) 10:31, 1 May 2009 (UTC)
It's great! I love it, I love it, I love it! Thanks, it looks really good. I miss Fred :( --Margiechocoholic 13:19, 2 May 2009 (UTC)
Gryffindor Voting Edit
I voted for Ministry of Magic, as I don't think there's much more I can help with on the Quidditch pitch article, I did all I could and I know nothing about the video game. --Margiechocoholic 13:32, 2 May 2009 (UTC)
Thanks, and if i have any questions i'll ask you. So far i've done okay. But like you said before, when i first started the wikia thing I didn't know what i was doing. I was actually a bit emmbarised to ask someone for help because i thought they would think i was stupid for not knowing how to do something simple. But anyway i got together and now i'm part of a couple of wikis.--Twister115 05:35, 4 May 2009 (UTC)Twister115
Whats the Fred Weasley Project?--Twister115 05:35, 4 May 2009 (UTC)Twister115
Fred Project Edit
Sure, I'd like to be in the project what do i have to do? Gain alot of info on him or something?--Twister115 05:51, 4 May 2009 (UTC)Twister115
Well i'll get right on it. And also you mentioned a sig or something?--Twister115 05:56, 4 May 2009 (UTC)Twister115
- Tell me more about this project. I don't know what to do. ...Need more explanation. --ÈnŔîčö (Send me an Owl!) 07:13, 4 May 2009 (UTC)
- Okay, Don't worry. I will update the Fred Weasley article if i have enough info. or source(s) of the quotes, images, relationship info. etc. I'm always doing that not only for Fred Weasley but for all articles here in Harry Potter Wiki. By the way, Thank you very much for inviting me. --ÈnŔîčö (Send me an Owl!) 07:24, 4 May 2009 (UTC)
- My previous message means Yes! I don't see any reason of not joining or not accepting your invitation. --ÈnŔîčö (Send me an Owl!) 07:35, 4 May 2009 (UTC)
Re: Main ImageEdit
Yeah sure. Can you make me a signature? ShirleyA 08:15, 7 May 2009 (UTC)
- Um...Well I would like my sig to also link to my talk page. And the below image of Luna Lovegood shrunk down (if possible) If not any picture of Ravenclaw;s crest will do. Colour: Sky Blue
Madam Hooch(Which Broomstick)
- Confused. ShirleyA 08:42, 7 May 2009 (UTC)
- Erm. Is something wrong? 'The Quibbler' link won't lead to my talk page.ShirleyA 08:52, 7 May 2009 (UTC)
- Something is still wrong. It has turned out looking like this.[[User:ShirleyA|<span style="color:SkyBlue">'''ShirleyA'''</span>]]<sup>[[File:Luna_Lovegood.jpg|35px]]([[User talk:ShirleyA|<span style="color:LightSkyBlue">''The Quibbler''</span>]])</sup> 09:51, 7 May 2009 (UTC)
- If you still want a quote for Fred's second hand clothes, there's one in Harry Potter and the Pjhhilosophers stone where Draco Malfoy is like red hair, second hand robes, You must be a Weasley. ShirleyA(The Quibbler) 00:37, 9 May 2009 (UTC)
Yes i do i'm just still deciding on what you asked :P --Miniwally 22:19, 9 May 2009 (UTC)
Didn't know where else to put it so i'll put it here
Star Sign: Scorpio
Personality in one word: Clever
- D thanks for the wand i'm impressed surprised by the size though--Miniwally 00:44, 9 May 2009 (UTC)
- Birthday: Oct 5
- Personality in one word: Carefree
- Hi Madam Hooch, Personality: Superstitious; Star Sign: Virgo Mafalda Hopkirk 15:41, 12 May 2009 (UTC)
Birthday: May 24; Star sign: Gemini; Personality: Thoughtful Hermione524 01:35, 29 May 2009 (UTC)
Hi,I'd like a wand please.
- Birthday:October 20 (libra)
Thank You Madam Hooch Hermione821 13:48, 23 July 2009 (UTC)
Hi,I'd like a wand
Thanks.--TheAngryEnglishDude 16:18, 28 July 2009 (UTC)
I really need a wand!
- Sign: Libra
- Personality: Hotheaded220.127.116.11 16:45, March 15, 2012 (UTC)thx
RE:Fred Weasley project Edit
I'd be glad to help, although you guys are doing a terrific job on your own. Was there a particular job you wanted me to do? Also I myself was planning a project to improve the Tom Riddle article called Project Snakeface. If your interested in joining let me know, after you've finished with Fred of course. Jayce Carver Talk 10:48, 9 May 2009 (UTC)
- That sounds like a blast, i'd love to join up. Mafalda Hopkirk 15:41, 12 May 2009 (UTC)
Re: Fred WeasleyEdit
- Which subjects under "Magical Abilities and Skills" and "Personal Possessions" are in need of development? Thanks! ★ Starstuff (Owl me!) 12:47, 9 May 2009 (UTC)
Re:Fred Weasley ProjectEdit
I would be happy to help out; Fred Weasley is one of my favourite characters, and before you started the project, I was trying to expand his article, but it was taking ages all on my own. You guys have done a great job so far. :) Oread (talk) 22:03, 9 May 2009 (UTC)
Yes, you do. -- Madam Hooch(Which Broomstick)
I will do what I can with the Quidditch Pitch article, although I'm not sure how much I can do. As for Quidditch Practise and the projects, I will work on them as much as possible. And can you please make me a wand? My star sign is Taurus (I think; my birthday is May 17), and my personality would be, bright maybe? Thanks a lot. Quidditch Lover (My talk)(contribs) 01:23, 13 May 2009 (UTC)
- Sorry! I thought you were two different people! I need to read userpages more carefully from now. Maybe you should move the note on your Madam Hooch userpage to the very top, above the infoboxes, so that this mix-up doesn't occur again. From now on, if you want to add points, can you do it from your Hellabore account, as that one is the Prefect? ★ Starstuff (Owl me!) 06:55, 13 May 2009 (UTC)
- I've added the things you requested to my to-do list, but it's pretty long, so I can't promise that I'll be able to get them done anytime soon. I've currently got to modify the House Points Game policy to cover alternate accounts.
My Wand Edit
Nature-- confused , dreamy and imaginary most of the time . Say , like Luna Lovegood , but i have good amount of freinds , though !
Raamapriya 07:55, 19 May 2009 (UTC)
Project Fred Weasley Edit
Hey, I know I haven't been doing much for the Quidditch team lately, I just wanted to sorry, my internet has been down and has only just come back up. I'll try to start editing now. Thanks! --Margiechocoholic 10:34, 19 May 2009 (UTC)
Thank you ! Edit
Hi , Madam Hooch ! thanks for the wand ! I love it ! Raamapriya
my sig Edit
User name = Raamapriya
fav colours = blue & green
file = hufflepuff
Raamapriya 12:45, 25 May 2009 (UTC)
New Wand Edit
I need a new wand, please.
Star sign/birthday: Taurus/May 15
Personality in one word: intelligent
- Taurus/April 28th :
- Personality in one word: Intellectual.
New Wand!! Edit
I need a new wand please.
Star sign/birthday: 6th of June/Gemini
Personality in one word: Clever
It would be great if you could make this!
I'd Like a wand please. Edit
Hello, my name is User:Hermione821 and I'd like a wand plese.
Birthday:20 October (libra) Personality:Brave
Please get back to me with my wand.
Thank You Madam Hooch
Birthday: Jan 29 Personality in one word: Smart
Star sign: Gemini Persoanlity i ne word: Stealthy Spell Master 08:14, October 3, 2009 (UTC)
Birthday : March Persoanlity In One Word: Hardworking--Hogwarts09 21:38, December 30, 2009 (UTC)
Please make me a Wand!! I'm giving you some extra info... just in case.
STAR SIGN: Virgo
PERSONALITY: In one word? (traits of Rowena) Ravenclaw... no really, that describes me.
BEST SKILL(S): Offensive Charms; Offensive hexes, Offensive anything, really.'WAND #: 2 (first wand lost by Buckbeak... Don't wanna talk abotu it but lets just say that buckbeak has my wand in his stomach.... '
FAMED ANSCECTORS: Rowena Ravenclaw, Hermione Granger
YEAR: Well, it changes every year, so why tell if I have to come back and edit in a year, having it on my mind!
MOST DESCRIBING QUOTE: Wit beyond measure is man's greatest treasure. - Rowena Ravenclaw
FAVORITE CLASS: Astronomy, Transfiguration, Charms