Hello! Welcome to my talk page. Please leave all messages at the bottom, make sure your comments comply with the Talk page and User policies, and sign your username with four tildes (~~~~).
21:13, June 26, 2012 (UTC)
Oh! I'm so sorry for bothering you then! I'm really sorry I didn't see that. :(
Oh! I'm really sorry, I didn't see that. I'm really sorry I bothered you, then. :( It's just because I'm an admin on another wiki and I have that. Again, I'm really sorry. Ginny2 (talk) 20:07, May 23, 2015 (UTC)
Oh, yes. Erm… J2yfeather is my other account. I didn't realize I was still signed in when I wrote a reply so I deleted it when I noticed. Sorry for the confusion!
Re:Re: fl. next to a date
- thank you so much for the help! i'd never seen that abbreviation before and it was driving me crazy not knowing! Oftheocean (talk) 13:44, December 16, 2014 (UTC)
Not really, I just reverted your edit using your talk page history. ;) -- 18:17, December 16, 2014 (UTC)
Yes, Please Help
Can you please help? I don't know what to do.
RE:Merry Christmas! Feliz Natal!
Thank you! Fröhliche Weihnachten! --12:33, December 24, 2014 (UTC)
Re:Infobox on your userpage
Thank you with the infobox!
Thanks so much! I got my infobox figured out now, so thank you!
RE:Two articles - one theme?
They are almost the same, but there's a nuance: Pure-Blood Directory was the book possibly by Cantankerous Nott, in which he listed the extant truly pure-blood families in Britain; Sacred Twenty-Eight is an umbrella term for the families themselves. Pretty much like there's Hogwarts: A History, and there's Hogwarts Castle itself. -- 01:11, January 23, 2015 (UTC)
Happy (belated) birthday!
I hope you had a great one! Cheers. --15:34, March 5, 2015 (UTC)
Belated birthday wishes, Harry granger!
Kind regards, User
You have already thanked me :)
I'm a little corrected signature.
Kind regards, User
P.S. I simply rename the account and delete it :)
P.S. 2 I know
The first of April, when all deleted - send an inquiry
Many thanks for the compliments, Harry granger! It's sure been a while! Sadly, I've flown away from all my Pottermore accounts but the Ravenclaw one (how witty of me!) and although I check this wiki daily, I only edit infrequently. It's been three years, though, so that isn't too bad, I suppose 8-) --Hunnie Bunn (talk) 15:56, April 26, 2015 (UTC)
- I saw no use in having 4 Pottermore accounts, so I've narrowed it down to the one to make it easier. What I meant by "it's been three years" is that I joined this wiki in February 2012 and it now is April 2015 ... I've been here awhile, made a lot of cool friends, and made some memories, too. I may not edit as much, but I won't forget either :) --Hunnie Bunn (talk) 16:24, April 26, 2015 (UTC)
RE: Hi, Nick!
Thank you for the condolence card. - Nick O'Demus 22:19, April 27, 2015 (UTC)
Howdy, stranger! It sure has been a while - I've pretty much resigned myself to watching the wiki but not really editing all too much. I won't really be on here unless it's reverting vandalism or answering messages. Thanks for the compliment on the new avatar, though; I felt like being patriotic on my country's 148th birthday. --Hunnie Bunn (talk) 18:05, July 1, 2015 (UTC)
- Yeah, where I live it is a joke to call someone "stranger" when you haven't talked to them for a short time :p How have you been the past couple months? It's been since April, and nothing's been new with me :-) --Hunnie Bunn (talk) 18:40, July 1, 2015 (UTC)
- I've only just seen his messages for you on the Harry Potter Dictionary Wiki, but haven't found anything on the Potter Dictionary. Truth be told, I've never been fond of that user, and don't think it's worth your time to think about or respond to him. It's important to do what needs to be done, even if it is difficult, and for you so many wikis was a lot, so you had to pick which ones to keep with. I am sorry he wasn't being nice about it, though. --Hunnie Bunn (talk) 18:51, July 1, 2015 (UTC)
Oh, my bad! I just thought that admins would not see it if I didn't keep it updated. I am still sort of new here and I don't know all the conventions, my apologies! It was necesarry to update it yesterday though, as the edit count was incorrect - appreciate your heads up though!
Thanks a lot -19:05, November 4, 2015 (UTC)
re: Editing protected pages
Because I'm a Content Moderator, which allows me to delete/undelete and protect pages on this wiki, as well as edit them. I'm not a Wikia Helper (that is focused on international, non-English speaking users), nor a Wikia Staff member (why would I want to work for Wikia when they do things I don't particularly like?).
If I really worked for Wikia or was a Helper, then my signature would include the Wikia logo, which it doesn't. Additionally, if I was either of those positions, then I would not even have the time to edit specific wiki's and would not even be allowed to deal with edit wars unless I had local user rights. --Sajuuk 15:39, May 1, 2016 (UTC)
- Yeah, the missing masthead tag is a known bug that will probably be fixed at some point. --Sajuuk 16:13, May 1, 2016 (UTC)
Hi there - I undid your edits to HPV as there is already a separate template MPF for Harry Potter: Magical Places from the Films: Hogwarts, Diagon Alley, and Beyond. We are still working on these, but for the current list see User:Ironyak1/Link Template List. We are also looking for feedback in the forums so if you could let us know your thoughts, it is appreciated. Cheers --Ironyak1 (talk) 12:55, May 16, 2016 (UTC)
- I hope my explanation in the forums of our approach to this made sense. There's no perfect system, but I think this naming convention is pretty intuitive and will become easier with use. Thanks for the feedback and the redirect fix in MPF as well! Cheers --Ironyak1 (talk) 14:34, May 16, 2016 (UTC)
RE: Question to your Link Template List
Good catch - looks like these options got dropped from the template at some point, so I've added them back in and made sure the documentation is working correctly (it actually calls the template to generate the output so if it looks odd, then the template probably needs some attention). Let me know if you run across anything else. --Ironyak1 (talk) 20:06, May 16, 2016 (UTC)
re: user report
re: script problem
Sorry, I can't assist with that issue, as the thread loads just fine here. Probably some ad that's loading, consider changing your preferences to hide the ads or use an adblocker. --Sajuuk 20:20, June 4, 2016 (UTC)
- Understood about work schedules. If you see me in chat in the future feel free to pop-in and remind me of my question about policies (that should help me remember what I meant to ask :). Cheers --Ironyak1 (talk) 09:51, June 6, 2016 (UTC)
Hey! I was wondering how you made that page on your profile with Gryffindor, your wand and all. I want one on my page and I can't figure how. Please get back to me.Fenrirgreyback02 (talk) 21:23, June 9, 2016 (UTC)
- I still can't do it. If you wanna look at my page, you can add it and I will edit it. I will be gone for the night, but I will be available for tomorrow. Fenrirgreyback02 (talk) 21:44, June 10, 2016 (UTC)
Yeah :) - I was in a rush yesterday to test out tabs to protect spoilers and your infobox has images and formatting and such so made a good test case. Will remove it shortly as I think we have a solution, but it was very helpful - thanks! --Ironyak1 (talk) 15:46, June 11, 2016 (UTC)
For Cursed Child we are trying to create a before and after version of the page on each tab as some of the changes needed are extensive. (See Albus Potter) Cursed Child edits need to go on the second half of the page below the CURSED CHILD INFO comment. --Ironyak1 (talk) 17:13, June 11, 2016 (UTC)
- Ah now I've understood. You put the second part at the bottom of the page and not directly under the first infobox. 18:06, June 11, 2016 (UTC)
- Yeah for major Cursed Child characters there is a copy of the page in each tab so people can edit infoboxes, references, etc without giving anything away. The colors of the different house infoboxes lead to this solution. Also you can edit the original without seeing spoilers unless you scroll most of the way down. Let me know if you find any issues. --Ironyak1 (talk) 18:12, June 11, 2016 (UTC)
- We should be good with admins - Starstuff and I sorted through this yesterday as the first wave of spoilers hit. Check her talk page if you want to see the back and forth. Seth has tickets and is trying to avoid spoilers so we're keeping him out of the loop! --Ironyak1 (talk) 18:40, June 11, 2016 (UTC)
Me in the Harry Potter world
I'm just gonna put them in order. Some will have multiple with commas. I am taking quizzes for most of these. My house is from Potter more
November 9, 2002
Anna on Potter more
Female, blond, blue, tan
A Grim or my family dying
English oak wood, unicorn hair core, 10 3/4", quite bendy flexible
Hogwarts and my job as teacher of Defense Against Dark Arts
Oh yeah, there's a sorting ceremony on Pottermore now. If you haven't already, you'll want to read through the new page about Ilvermony on Pottermore. Once you've done that, there's some links following the article, look for the one that says "Ilvermony Sorting." ProfessorTofty (talk) 19:38, June 30, 2016 (UTC)
- Interesting. I kinda thought Thunderbird was supposed to be more analogous to Gryffindor because it says it "favors adventurers." But then again, I suppose a case could also be made for Wampus, which "favors warriors." ProfessorTofty (talk) 19:47, June 30, 2016 (UTC)
- Yeah, the bird does kinda remind me of Ravenclaw. Though I get the feeling that any correspondences one might draw between particular Ilvermony houses and ones in Hogwarts are loose at best, as you suggested. Probably intentionally. Anyway, congrats on your house - same house as Ilvermony's founder. That's pretty prestigious. ProfessorTofty (talk) 23:30, June 30, 2016 (UTC)
RE:Article moving problems
Seems to me that the redirects in place were preventing you from moving the articles. I've gone through them, should be fixed now! --18:30, July 15, 2016 (UTC)
Thanks! Yes, I do think that a picture of Richard Harris would probably be more fitting; I'll change it right away!
19:01, July 16, 2016 (UTC)
There weren't a whole lot of close-up pictures of him, but I think I got one which looks nice,
Thanks –19:07, July 16, 2016 (UTC)
I did ponder over which picture of Griphook to add, and I guess it would be more fitting to have the earlier picture of him. In terms of the Chocolate Frog Cards, I think that that is a decent idea too, I guess the more pictures the better is what we're going for.
Thanks a lot for all the help so far!
18:27, July 18, 2016 (UTC)
Yes, I suppose we could do, although that may confuse some people. To be honest, I don't really know why families appear in the index; it's supposed to be for individual characters from what I can gather, but all the same, if we decide to keep them then I think that using a picture of a well-known family member is a great idea!
Thanks –19:20, July 18, 2016 (UTC)
Hi. Could you help me creating a userbox? (if it doesn´t already exist.) At first, I thought I´d be in Horned Serpent like you given my Ravenclaw Sorting. But then I got Sorted into Pukwudgie. Which is good as well since Healer is one of the careers I'd consider if I'd live in the wizarding world, along with wandmaker, Magizooologist and teacher. Thanks for your help. --Rodolphus (talk) 19:47, July 24, 2016 (UTC)
Yes, I'd like a template like yours. Perhaps the background could be a cranberry colours or another shade if red. Since this is the favourite colour of my founder.--Rodolphus (talk) 19:56, July 24, 2016 (UTC)
Hi there! I've put in a bot flag request so I can apply the Pottermore links, UK spelling, and short link fixes I've been developing in an automated fashion. If you could take a moment and provide some feedback, it would be appreciated! Thanks --Ironyak1 (talk) 17:09, July 29, 2016 (UTC)
- Thanks! As you spend time on keeping things organised behind the scenes, if you have ideas for other bot tasks, I'd be interested to hear them. Cheers --Ironyak1 (talk) 19:36, July 29, 2016 (UTC)
Thanks for the suggestions! I'll have a look at changing some of them.
00:51, July 30, 2016 (UTC)
RE:The admin is a Rottweiler?
Yes! I was surprised: I'm not that much of a dog person, but Rowling's word is the Law! ;) --19:04, September 22, 2016 (UTC)
I admit it wasn't what I expected, but I'm still quite happy with it. : ) - Nick O'Demus 21:13, September 22, 2016 (UTC)