Another new user by 65 80 239 153 on the recent changes vandelised the Deathly Hallows page by putting a small line of nonsence letters, but I changed it.
Is it okay to report small vandelisms like these last two, or should I just change it and leave it without reporting it? Palmala 11 June
Alright, I was over at the community test wiki, and I decided to see what the infoboxes looked like with the new ad box. It isn't pretty. The ad pushes everything down; take a look: w:c:communitytest:Harry Potter.-Matoro183 (Talk) 19:57, 12 June 2008 (UTC)
Thank you very much for rollback (p.s. is this your current talk page now?) Thanks again. Palmala 12 June 20:59
Hey, I just protected Ginny22's page because of too many edits. She had been thoroughly warned. Can you just make sure I did it right? And should there be a template on the page stating it is protected? Thanks. -- 20:10, 13 June 2008 (UTC)
- Yeah, I left her a message. I accidentally did 8:00 AM instead of PM... oh well. -- 20:24, 13 June 2008 (UTC)
Yeah at the beginning, she was just making edits on talk pages and user pages, and I warned her. Gryff23 18:54, 14 June 2008 (UTC)
Thanks. I didn't know that an admin had to approve your bot. I guess I'm not reading things. --Ginny22 19:05, 14 June 2008 (UTC)
What's a Bueracrat or something like that? --Ginny22 19:19, 14 June 2008 (UTC)
Gosh, I'm sorry. I realy didn't mean to get worked up, but I though it meant it would delete my account or something. Thank you so much! Harrypotterfreak 21:57, 14 June 2008 (UTC)
Thanks again. I understand now. You are so helpful! Harrypotterfreak 22:03, 14 June 2008 (UTC)
Alright, thank you. Harrypotterfreak 22:10, 14 June 2008 (UTC)
Well, I was just reading your userpage and I saw that you hate the epilogue of the Deathly Hallows. I just wondered why. I thought it was good.(Sorry I know this topic is pretty much pointless but it's been bugging me alot and I wanted to know why).Skrox29 00:53, 15 June 2008 (UTC)
Yeah, i see what you mean. She wrote the epilogue with no explanations or anything and it's too good (if you know what I mean). But I think that if she wanted to write the epilogue with some problem , then that would mean that she has to write a whole new series. I think she just wanted to completely end off the series. I think the part I really hate is that Albus is named after Snape. That's really unexpected because Harry hates Snape.Skrox29 15:50, 15 June 2008 (UTC)
Subpages and Archives
How do I create a subpage. Because I'd like to archive my talk page? Gryff23 18:31, 15 June 2008 (UTC)
It appears that when there is a banner ad, it covers up all but a little bit of the Featured Article symbol. Should we do anything about that? Thanks. --16:44, 18 June 2008 (UTC)
- The ad box does that as well.-Matoro183 (Talk) 16:49, 18 June 2008 (UTC)
there are already these news stories that are removed. 184.108.40.206 16:55, 19 June 2008 (UTC) ChaosMaster16
- No, they have the same date, but are different news.-Matoro183 (Talk) 17:07, 19 June 2008 (UTC)
Can anonymous users or random passers-by edit user talk pages? Palmala 19:20 June 25
I was just reading an old page about someone putting a rude comment on someone elses talk page, and I was a bit worried that it was still possible. But thanks anyway. —The preceding unsigned comment was added by Palmala (talk • contribs).
Thanks Palmala 20:21 25 June
Hi. I'm Wendy, a helper with Wikia. I had been working on implementing the new main page format on a bunch of wikis today, and didn't see your version until after I'd mocked up a version myself at User:Merrystar/Sandbox. They are similar, with only a few minor differences. Please feel free to borrow anything you actually like out of mine for your own.
We'd like to start implementing the new main page format. So when you are happy with your new page, and the community has agreed, please copy it over onto the real Main Page and let me know. Also if you have any questions about it or I can hep with anything, please leave a message on my talk page. -- Wendy (talk) 04:20, 26 June 2008 (UTC)
- Hi again. I understand about not wanting to get community input twice in a row on the same page :).
- I'm sorry I didn't explain why this was happening in my first message -- since you were already working on a page in the new format I thought you knew. Wikia needs to include some new main page ads, and they'd like them to be up on as many wikis as possible as soon as possible. You can read more about their reasons for doing this on Wikia's New Style. The two-column format makes it easy to insert a 300px wide box ad on the upper right hand side when one is available, simply sliding down the content in that column to accomodate it, without any danger of messing up the rest of the page. So when you're designing the page you might want to keep in mind that the right-hand column will be pushed down.
- Does that help answer your question? If it doesn't, or you have other questions, please feel free to ask me. I'm happy to help make sure this change goes as painlessly as possible. -- Wendy (talk) 02:24, 27 June 2008 (UTC)
- Main pages will now have both a banner and a square ad (the latter makes more money, and they can also be sold together) rather than just the either/or status of the content pages.. In order to cleanly accomodate that square ad, the right-hand-column should be 300px, which is the width of the ad. My understanding is that they really want every wiki to be on the same two-column format right now both to facilitate the ads and also to unify the look of wikia slightly. -- Wendy (talk) 18:58, 27 June 2008 (UTC)
- The square ad has to get "turned on" manually by the wikia staff. They won't do that until I tell them the front page has the column tags it needs for it to work. So you won't see it until sometime after the page goes live. If you want to see functioning examples, you can look at Muppet or Marvel Movies. -- Wendy (talk) 19:37, 27 June 2008 (UTC)
References - Reply
First, thank you for your kind words. I have been adding references mostly based on memory, except in the case of interviews with Rowling or other external sources. If I am looking at the books, I'll take your suggestion and add chapter numbers, as I did with Malfoy Manor. Oread 20:58, 26 June 2008 (UTC)
- No problem. Like I said, it's almost all from memory, so most of the time I wouldn't know the chapter #. Oread 21:13, 26 June 2008 (UTC)
Thank you so much!
Thanks for the help! Harrypotterfreak 23:35, 26 June 2008 (UTC)
New way of organising appearances
- I'm sorry, man. I saw the discussion hadn't moved in over a week and a half. I made the move and you kinda jumped on me before I was able to add comments to the discussion. The version I put on the front page came from your sandbox space and doesn't break the layout like the version you reverted it to. You guys are welcome to fiddle with it some more, but after the lull in activity, Wikia needed to move on this. —Scott (talk) 20:31, 2 July 2008 (UTC)
- The change made to the css hides the page title just on the front page so that you gain some more space which is otherwise wasted. It's a good way to keep things nice and tight so that the ad doesn't push the important stuff down too far. You're welcome to use it or not; entirely up to you.
Hi, i was curious to know what you have to do to add a scroll box on my user page. Exactly what is the code? Skrox29 23:34, 2 July 2008 (UTC)
Thank you, that really helped!!!Skrox29 01:26, 3 July 2008 (UTC)
Sorry about the abrupt leaving on IRC. My computer is being stupid. I'll see if I can get it to work later. Again, sorry. --20:50, 16 July 2008 (UTC)
Order of Merlin
|Order of Merlin (First Class)|
|The Order of Merlin is awarded to you by Freakatone for having over three-thousand edits on the Harry Potter Wiki.|
I set up the voting page on the talk page of the forum. Hope that's okay. --20:02, 22 July 2008 (UTC)
Recent Edit to Userpage
I don't mind you editing my page at all. In fact, thank you for letting me know about the gallery tags. Oread 01:13, 23 July 2008 (UTC)
How do you make new infoboxes? Do you think that it would be a good idea to make an infobox on Quidditch Teams? Because everytime I go on random page, I often come up with a very small stub page on a Quiditch team and we have quite a few of these. I just thought that it would make the page look more full and make it more useful. What do you think? Palmala 17:26, 23 July 2008 (UTC)
I was thinking: Team Captain, Keepers, Chasers, Beaters, Seeker, who their playing for, alias, first formed, mascot, first game, last game maybe. Palmala 12:27, 24 July 2008 (UTC)
Sorry, I should of made it more clear: I mean't Quidditch Teams. Palmala 13:33, 25 July 2008 (UTC)
Right now, the selected picture is not a very formal process. I usually just end up picking a picture. Should we set up a voting page? I just think it would be better... --21:16, 25 July 2008 (UTC)
Potterpuppetpal 20:07, 31 July 2008 (UTC)son of a banshee(jk)(potterpuppetpal)
Thanks for the suggestion. Son of a banshee is a "wizard swear" (On youtube) I got more if you wnt to use some. (potterpuppetpal)
Freakatone said (since I had only one edit[not anymore] and i resulted as a fanon warning) I have to start editing more or else. How many do I need so I won't get banned?Potterpuppetpal 01:27, 1 August 2008 (UTC)(potterpuppetpal)
I am like dead meat.Potterpuppetpal 02:41, 1 August 2008 (UTC)(potterpuppetpal)
How do you get a prefect badge? Please replyPotterpuppetpal 02:43, 1 August 2008 (UTC)(potterpuppetpal)
I've done stuff like talk to you and freakatone, edit and taught you and freakatone "wizard swears" like voldemorts nipplePotterpuppetpal 02:53, 1 August 2008 (UTC) (potterpuppetpal)
How do you get a userbox thats says "this user supports ..."?Potterpuppetpal 16:27, 1 August 2008 (UTC)(potterpuppetpal)
How do I give people awards?Potterpuppetpal 20:13, 1 August 2008 (UTC)(potterpuppetpal)
Thanks for the tips, I'm new to this. I'm more used to Youtube and stuff like that.Potterpuppetpal 01:20, 1 August 2008 (UTC)(potterpuppetpal)
One last thing
At first, thank you for taking you the time for the comments on my userpage.
Now there's one little thing that annoys me at the moment: Fred and George Weasley share the same image. Though they are twins and appear most often simultaneously doing the same things, i'd advice to give each of then a seperate image. At least in the seventh book, they are doing more often different than the same things. For sure they look (except for one missing ear later) pretty equal, seperate images could possibly help not to treat them as "one person". 220.127.116.11 19:05, 3 August 2008 (UTC)
Thanks for the pep talk earlier.
Just that im new haha dont have a clue with any of this thanks again (Mase1994 21:14, 4 August 2008 (UTC))
- Oh. I thought it had something to do with the patrolling extension.--Matoro183 (Talk) 20:31, 5 August 2008 (UTC)
For the new welcome template, it won't allow my signature. But the welcome-anon one will. Is there any way to fix that? --01:23, 6 August 2008 (UTC)
Before editing, be sure to read the wiki's policies. Please sign your name on Talk and vote pages using four tildes (~~~~) to automatically produce your name and the current date. Be sure to verify your e-mail address in your preferences. Before attempting any major article rewrites please read the layout guide. If you have any questions, check out the policy and help pages (see here for editing help), add a question to the Community portal, view the forum or ask me on my talk page. Again, welcome!
—--01:32, 6 August 2008 (UTC)
- Hm... it wasnt working before... maybe I'm going crazy.... -- 01:33, 6 August 2008 (UTC)
You wern't on the IRC so I went on the central wikia IRC and convinced Uberfuzzy to unblock me. I was editing and then went to the toilet and my "friend" decided that it would be extremly funny to vandalise pages under my user name. I am so angry with him and will never leave him alone with my computer logged into the wiki again. Me_Potter_Fan (Talk) 06:45, 11 August 2008 (UTC)
Are we a Wikia Spotlight? If not, should we request to become one? --19:21, 11 August 2008 (UTC)
- No, we're not one.--Matoro183 (Talk) 19:27, 11 August 2008 (UTC)
- We're not (as far as I know). If you want to see how to request one/what the requirements are...sure. It'd be good to do. -- DarkJedi613 (Talk) 19:36, 11 August 2008 (UTC)
how would I make one that says This User has read Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows?HermioneFan1 01:56, 12 August 2008 (UTC)