oh1 pplz can you tell me how to change the name( like you have written im the codester talk 2 me or have avada kedavara used
!)plz tell me how did u do it???
Nishant77 05:44, September 26, 2010 (UTC)
H.P.Snitch: how can i join gryffindor??
- That was quick. Thank you. - Nick O'Demus 03:33, September 7, 2009 (UTC)
- Yeah, I get an email notice when pages on my watchlist are updated. So I saw your note pretty much when I got that notice. -- 03:38, September 7, 2009 (UTC)
House points game
Hi Cubsfan, this is Margie, your fellow Gryffindor prefect in the House points game. Before the term starts, I think maybe we should clean up the common room a bit? If you know how, could you please put the current article in an archive? That way we can make a brand new common room with new tasks for the new term. Thanks! --Margiechocoholic Owl me! 08:06, September 10, 2009 (UTC)
- Okay thanks, I've made then new terms article. What do you think? Is there anything else I should add? Margiechocoholic Owl me! 10:02, September 10, 2009 (UTC)
House Points Game start date
It looks like Starstuff still isn't back from her trip yet, so we're going to have to push back the start of the game just a few days (we also need just a bit more time to fine-tune some of the machanics). Tentatively, I'm going to set the new start date as the 20th, and I'll let our Prefects know if anything changes. Thanks for your patience. - Nick O'Demus 18:20, September 14, 2009 (UTC)
New HPG guidelines
I've added some new guidelines (based on suggestions from Nick O'Demus) on the amount of points that should be given for certain types of contributions to the House Points Game policy page. Please review these new guidelines, and if you have any concerns or ideas for improvement, feel free to let me know. Thanks! ★ Starstuff (Owl me!) 23:52, September 19, 2009 (UTC)
New HPG term has started
This is just a message to let you know that the new term of the House Points Game started at 00:00 September 20 (UTC). As a Prefect, you can begin giving points, as well as encouraging your House and helping to direct its collaborative work at Gryffindor Tower. If you see someone with a Gryffindor userbox on their userpage who hasn't joined the game yet, feel free to drop them a note.
well good question!!! Nishant77 11:36, September 26, 2010 (UTC)
Points for the Harry Potter Wiki:House points Game
Recently, I've been working on cleaning out the Wanted Pages, and I'm almost done. There are a few left in some Users' talk pages and archives, including yours, and I'd like your permission to go in and fix them. If it's simply a misdirected link, I'll fix it, and if it's a deleted article/file/template, I'll either remove the brackets or put "nowiki" around it so it isn't active. If you'd like, when I'm finished I can leave you a full account of any changes I made. Thanks. - Nick O'Demus 17:27, December 3, 2009 (UTC)
- Yeah, go ahead. I don't edit my user page much, anyway, so I wouldn't have noticed it if you hadn't pointed it out. -- 19:44, December 3, 2009 (UTC)
Hi Cubs Fan. Just so you're aware, a vote is underway to determine a change in the Wiki's skin. Jayden Matthews 20:42, December 10, 2009 (UTC)
Thanks for the help on the Plot to Steal the Philosopher's Stone, It was 3 am when I finished that and my brain was not clicking on all cylinders. Hcoknhoj 16:39, December 22, 2009 (UTC)
House Points Game
It's been decided to extend the House Points Game by one month past the original ending date, so Prefects will have time to review their House participants' achievements and award any final points, but without disrupting the holidays. The game will now end at 00:00 on January 20th, 2010. - Nick O'Demus 18:46, December 24, 2009 (UTC)
Re: Sirius and Buckbeak
That's alright. I'm from The Netherlands and I thought it was a mistake, so I thought it was good to changed it.--Station7 17:23, January 1, 2010 (UTC)
- Yeah, I can understand. And I can tell it was done in good faith, so no harm done. -- 17:25, January 1, 2010 (UTC)
Cubs Fan2007, I think the administrators has made a mistake by the Order of Merlin. You have 3406 edits, you have to be in the First Class, not in the Third Class. Am I right? If so, I would say that to a administratoer of worked that not that way?--Station7 17:27, January 1, 2010 (UTC)
- Yeah, I do have a First Class; it's in my archives, and I never realized I didn't move the badge to my user page. So, no mistake. Good eyes, though. -- 17:31, January 1, 2010 (UTC)
Second Wizarding War
I volunteered to cite that article last night, then I sleep in and it has been done. Thanks for saving me the trouble. --Hcoknhoj 20:50, February 7, 2010 (UTC)
- Chapter references for DH and HBP definitely. I don't think there is another article quite like this with its references. I mean Harry Potter, Hermione Granger, and Ronald Weasley are sourced with a wide variety of references, but even those pages do not have such I high concentration of references to one or two sources. This is going to take some time. --Hcoknhoj 10:54, February 8, 2010 (UTC)
- I referenced Rescue of Sirius Black and Buckbeak by Chapters as a practice run. Think there are places I need to add or remove some of the references? --Hcoknhoj 12:05, February 8, 2010 (UTC)
- Alright, but you agree with my above point that this might take some time, given the research that is going to be needed to fin the actual chapters. --Hcoknhoj 21:21, February 8, 2010 (UTC)
- Yeah, I agree it's going to take some time. But if, say, you wanted to split the workload in half, it should be easier than trying to do the whole thing solo. -- 21:32, February 8, 2010 (UTC)
- I think we can find a good place to split the work. --Hcoknhoj 22:38, February 8, 2010 (UTC)
- I broke a finger making typing difficult. You may have to do this without me. --Hcoknhoj 05:26, February 14, 2010 (UTC)
Hi cause im new 2 Gryfiindor (house points game) and i wondered if like there's a place where we discuss matters (Only gryfiindors) and do you have any idea (cause Seth Cooper doesn't) when the new term start.
Sorry if i wasted your time
--Philered WAS HERE! PEACE!
18:34, March 30, 2010 (UTC)
Fixed. --02:39, April 5, 2010 (UTC)
Hi! Help please?
Since you seem like such an expert, would it be possible for you to give me a little help on how to edit my user page? I don't know how to make the little table under the pic, and seeing that yours is so nicely done...
Thanks for your time!
What's under your cape? 06:21, April 18, 2010 (UTC)
- Uh, it was vandalism. So naturally it was reverted. -- 18:05, May 25, 2010 (UTC)
You know it amazes me that every time I go back and read the long FAs I find so many little things that can be changed to improve the article. I just made about 10 edits containing probably 30 changes to Harry Potter, and I'm nowhere near the end. --JKoch(Owl Me!) 06:05, May 21, 2010 (UTC)
Second War Refs Redux
- Sorry I never got around to OotP. Thanks for finishing it. I think it will get promoted now, it has 7 yes votes now and we've solved all of the issues. --JKoch(Owl Me!) 23:35, May 28, 2010 (UTC)
That last edit you reverted. That User:Wizard44 does that all the time, adding in information where it is implied. He also likes to put full names where they are not necessary. --JKoch(Owl Me!) 18:03, May 30, 2010 (UTC)
- It is highly annoying nonetheless. Imagine reading a paragraph where every single time any character's name is used it is full name first and last. It makes for very disjointed writing. I asked him to stop and had Grunny back me up (he found the ridiculous as well), but he hasn't stopped. --JKoch(Owl Me!) 18:29, May 30, 2010 (UTC)
Hi... uuumm listen I've looked at some of the pages you changed after I edited them. Yeah you see the words you've changed after I edited are spelled wrong socialising, defence, terrorised are all misspelled. I'm sorry but when I change them you have to look at the spell check before you change them to the INCORRECT spelling. Ok bye!
New user name for Jayce Carver. The Snatcher 17:32, June 2, 2010 (UTC)
Spouses and children of Rose Weasley and Lily Potter
Harry Potter fan hello my name Nerea am fan of Harry Potter since i was a girl does not understand why all you are determined to Scorpius and Rose if Rose ends with James and not Scorpius?
I'm deleted the content about this witch http://harrypotter.wikia.com/wiki/Unidentified_female_Hogwarts_employee_%28II%29 because is confirmed that she is Aurora Sinistra.Pol 871 17:35, July 7, 2010 (UTC)
I've made the article semiprotected, and gave them a warning. If they do anything like that again, they'll get a block. - Nick O'Demus 20:17, August 25, 2010 (UTC)
I need help.I do not know how to put a user box on my home page.
Coolercooler1144 14:48, September 7, 2010 (UTC)Coolercooler1144
how to change d name???????
please can you tell me how to change the nameNishant77 05:47, September 26, 2010 (UTC)
When is the next house points game term gonna start? I need to know really bad!
Mace170 18:43, October 3, 2010 (UTC)
I can generally get things like "honour" and "glamour," but those double l's and the occasional less common "ou"'s just slip right by me. It's happened enough that I felt like it was time to say thanks for being so on top of that, haha. Emmy (★) 19:05, October 12, 2010 (UTC)
- Nick O'Demus 05:11, October 26, 2010 (UTC)
- In collaboration with local San Francisco radio station 92.7 KREV, Wikia is also giving away a limited number of tickets to the midnight showing of Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows: Part 1 in Redwood City on November 18. We hope to see Bay Area Harry Potter fanatics at the Redwood City AMC theater at 11:00pm on November 18 for a local Harry Potter meetup complete with games, raffles, prizes, costumes and picture-taking! If you or any Harry Potter Wikians you know are local to the San Francisco Bay Area, please come join us as our guests of honor!
Grunny's in Australia, SethCooper and CavalierOne are in Europe, and I'm in Texas (and airfare is frickin' expensive), so we won't be able to attend, but it would be cool if someone was there. - Nick O'Demus 21:33, November 8, 2010 (UTC)
- I understand how that is. Oh well, just thought I'd mention it anyway. - Nick O'Demus 21:59, November 8, 2010 (UTC)
RE: Belated block
They've both been given Fanon warnings, so I'll keep an eye on them. If they try it again, they'll get blocked. - Nick O'Demus 09:49, November 10, 2010 (UTC)
- Fair enough. -- 09:51, November 10, 2010 (UTC)
Thanks. I wasn't sure where to find the message. I figured that rather than searching for it, I'd go ahead and write it out. That helps a lot, so thank you! NimH 23:01, November 14, 2010 (UTC)
I just wanted to let you know that the Battle of Hogwarts took place in 1998, not 1997. That was the edit that I made.
Margiejfisher 03:15, November 19, 2010 (UTC)
We Need Your Help For An Article About Harry Potter Wiki!
Hiya, Harry Potter Wiki has been getting a lot of attention thanks to the Wizarding World Giveaway and the Deathly Hallows premiere, and now a reporter from Yahoo! Movies wants to feature movie reviews from Harry Potter Wiki most passionate users in an article she's writing about the Deathly Hallows:Part 1 premiere!
Did you go to the midnight showing of Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows: Part 1? Please help us promote the wiki by posting your expert review on the Review Page immediately... we need the reviews by 7am tomorrow morning PST. This is a HUGE opportunity to promote the wiki and everyone's hard work here.
Please post your review in the comments on the Review Page using this format if you're interested in being featured in an article and helping spread the word about Harry Potter Wiki:
What did you do to celebrate the HP premiere?
Did you like the film? Why or why not?
What did you like or not like?
How does this film compare to the others?
Is this the best one yet?
Who gives strong performances? Who doesn't? Why?
What I'm saying is that you see the bubble and click the talk page, but there are no new edits there, because they created a subpage for their talk page comment. --JKoch(Owl Me!) 02:17, November 29, 2010 (UTC)
I understand all that, but what I don't understand is why I'm receiving the warning. I am the one who undid the edit in the first place. --Auror. plus the great Andrachome 08:08, December 11, 2010 (UTC)
Best regards. --14:54, December 24, 2010 (UTC)
I know, it was funny, just before you edited that article I had been looking at it thinking about how the images looked! Lol! I was thinking, how do you think that would look on the House pages (Gryffindor, etc), where instead of having the gallery above the list of students, had the students picture next to their name? --BachLynn(Accio!) 21:44, January 3, 2011 (UTC)
.. HI ..
.. I JUST WANT TO ASK HOW TO SIGN UP ?? THEY SAID I CAN'T SIGN UP RIGHT NOW ... WHY ??
---DRACO MALFOY LOVER ♥126.96.36.199 13:59, January 26, 2011 (UTC)
03:21, March 16, 2011 (UTC)
hi, will you stop editing my edititons they are right like on fred and geroge
We're also WAY behind on some of our featured content, especially the QOTW's and DYK's, so if you've got a couple of minutes, drop in and voice your opinions on any you like or dislike, and maybe we can get some of the backlog cleared out.
Thanks. - Nick O'Demus 09:07, April 25, 2011 (UTC)
Okay, what pages you want me to edit Eclipse-girl123 18:21, June 7, 2011 (UTC)
hey, cool picture of you. i'm a fan of the New Orleans Saints. Eclipse-girl123 01:13, June 8, 2011 (UTC)
Can i copy draco malfoy off of the Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
Sorry about that! I'll be sure to keep that in mind the next time I am editting.GryffindorGirl123 17:19, July 13, 2011 (UTC)
Deleted, protected, and gave them a Fanon warning. - Nick O'Demus 05:47, July 31, 2011 (UTC)
When you've got a moment, please take a look at the following discussions:
We could really use your input. Thanks, Nick O'Demus 07:17, August 8, 2011 (UTC)
Honestly I don't really understand most of the template script. I just pick one from the insert bar and go along with it. As for the redundancy, why does it matter if it doesn't actually appear on the page for viewing? -HoboHunter28- (Leave me an owl!) 04:33, August 14, 2011 (UTC)
Also, not to be annoying, but I've made a small edit to the info box on Violet-cloaked wizard and the name seems to have reverted. Could you fix it? -HoboHunter28- (Leave me an owl!) 04:37, August 14, 2011 (UTC)
RE: Fanon, redux
Blocked for two weeks. I'm also going to ask Grunny about this recent rash of vandal edits like this one. They're similar, but they're all from widely different IP addresses, so I'm not sure what can be done. - Nick O'Demus 04:28, August 16, 2011 (UTC)
- Alright, I'll put forth the nomination. Also, when you've got a minute, could you take a look at the QotW's? This week's is currently the last one. Later on, I'm going to clean up the DYK's and try to add some more SP's as well. - Nick O'Demus 05:17, August 27, 2011 (UTC)
- Congratulations! - Nick O'Demus 22:35, September 7, 2011 (UTC)
Hi Cubs Fan2007. Congratulations on your successful RFA! :) I've granted you the admin rights, so you should see plenty of shiny buttons. Let myself or one of the other administrators know if you have any questions. Welcome aboard :). Cheers, grunny@talk:~$ 01:37, September 4, 2011 (UTC)
Also many congratulations from me! Harry granger 12:35, September 4, 2011 (UTC)
I would like your opinion http://harrypotter.wikia.com/wiki/User_blog:Minxelfinforever/Lavender%27s_Life_Status ^-^. User:MinxelfinforeverI Love Boulderon|User talk:Minxelfinforever 04:29, September 11, 2011 (UTC)
Not yet. Let's see how he reacts to the lockout on the article first. - Nick O'Demus 06:02, September 16, 2011 (UTC)
Can you please make me a AdminTonks Auror 02:03, September 17, 2011 (UTC)