Before editing, be sure to read the wiki's policies. Please sign your name on Talk and vote pages using four tildes (~~~~) to automatically produce your name and the current date. Be sure to verify your e-mail address in your preferences. Before attempting any major article rewrites please read the layout guide. If you have any questions, check out the policy and help pages (see here for editing help), add a question to the Community portal, view the forum or ask me on my talk page. Again, welcome!
Hi. I saw your edit to the fan websites page, and then went to the site you said was dead; it looked perfectly active to me. Forgive me for saying, but unless you have a source that it's no longer available then it should stay the way it is. --Hunnie Bunn (talk) 23:41, April 9, 2013 (UTC)
- It's my site, this is the homepage
- http://darktimesawait.forumotion.com/forum If you read the banner on top, you'll see it says "Therefore, we are closing the site" Or do you need more proof that it's my site. I locked the forum you can't see the forums or the threads or widgets.
- Hi. I think you misunderstood my comment - what I meant is, it read too much like you were trying to advertise. As noted in the editor's note at the top of the article (in other words, a message that pops up when you click "edit" at the top):
"The Harry Potter Wiki is not an advertising service for Harry Potter fansites."
It's the first line. Therefore, your message "It's an advertisement, that's why it's there" is invalid; advertisement isn't allowed here. If you want to confirm it with an administrator here, you can find one here and another here.
PS: Please sign your posts with four tildes(~)or the signature button (as noted in either editor).
- By putting your site there for the public to see and join is advertising. "Advertising definition, the act or practice of calling public attention to one's product, service, need" If you want to get technical and use back-up resources to prove your arguement, there you go. So again, what is it supposed to be? If you read the millions of other RPGs listed it is advertising.
00:15, April 14, 2013 (UTC)00:15, April 14, 2013 (UTC)00:15, April 14, 2013 (UTC)00:15, April 14, 2013 (UTC)Colex7 (talk)
- As Hunnie Bunn has noted, the Harry Potter Wiki is not primarily an advertising service. We are willing to provide the page as a place for you to put your link, but you should limit it to no more than a brief description. Also, I have noticed that since you have joined the wiki, your edits have been entirely to that page, save your conversation between you and Hunnie Bunn. I would ask at this time that you leave off editing that page for the time being and if you wish to continue editing it to make some other useful contributions to our encyclopedia. ProfessorTofty (talk) 00:13, April 15, 2013 (UTC)