Before editing, be sure to read the wiki's policies. Please sign your name on Talk and vote pages using four tildes (~~~~) to automatically produce your name and the current date. Be sure to verify your e-mail address in your preferences. Before attempting any major article rewrites please read the layout guide. If you have any questions, check out the policy and help pages (see here for editing help), add a question to the Community portal, view the forum or ask me on my talk page. Again, welcome!
Hello and welcome BNL78STEEL to the Harry Potter Wiki. However, I figured I'd let you know that messages left by other users are not, under any premises, to be changed from their original state save for by the user themselves. Thanks! --Hunnie Bunn (Owl me!) 21:05, January 24, 2013 (UTC)
- Actually, I'm afraid you'll find that it is allowed, particularly in the event that happened on the talk page with Seth Cooper; canon states (per the film) that she dies, and if J. K. Rowling says she dies it will be changed accordingly. Until then, the films by far supercede fandom. --Hunnie Bunn (Owl me!) 21:15, January 24, 2013 (UTC)
- I can't tell you how glad I am that we can argue peacefully (this is high in irony). The thing is, both as per the archived discussion (which is rather long and tedious) and per the film, she stops breathing (obviously the actress can't keep on not breathing or she'll suffocate, but for all purposes of the film she doesn't), and as you know if people don't breathe they... die. By the way, could you please sign your posts with four (~~~~) or the signature button at the top of the editor? That way I know when I see the message who I'm talking to. Thanks. --Hunnie Bunn (Owl me!) 21:24, January 24, 2013 (UTC)
- I'm really sorry... I'm trying my best to be nice instead of my usual nastiness... Anyways, I was just pointing out that different parts of the fandom have different opinions. And that it'd be nice if you could please sign your posts as you kindly did; thanks very much for that. Anywho, I'm really, really sorry if I sounded mean. --Hunnie Bunn (Owl me!) 21:29, January 24, 2013 (UTC)
Hi. Sorry to bother you and I'm not trying to be rude, but I'm 99% sure Unspeakables have to be elected or chosen... things might have changed though. So sorry if I'm mistaken, but unless things have changed the "Unspeakables" template doesn't apply here. --Hunnie Bunn (Owl me!) 22:12, January 27, 2013 (UTC)
Hi, BNL78STEEL! I saw that you gave your name on Pottermore with CauldronFirebolt3882. That cannot be, because that's my Pottermore name. Please, give your right name - perhaps only a spelling or number typing mistake? I definitely know my Pottermore name.22:48, January 27, 2013 (UTC)
Hi. Just figured I'd let you know, since you seem to consider books canon and everything else purely additional (this can be reasonably deduced based on your theory that Lavender Brown lives), you may be interested in the Potter Dictionary Wiki. Could you please check it out and if you want to edit there as well we're always hoping for people to join our community. --Hunnie Bunn (Owl me!) 22:50, January 27, 2013 (UTC)
- No problem. That can happen. Thank you for correcting. Glad you like my user page.
23:08, January 27, 2013 (UTC)
I'm very sorry you find my giving advice on the rules of the wiki to be "being mean" and that when I try to explain myself further it's "playing it off". Since you don't want me to message you anymore, I'll make sure this is my last... --Hunnie Bunn (Owl me!) 23:09, January 27, 2013 (UTC)
- I'm just going to say now, giving messages regarding policy isn't "mean." It is true that you have been making large numbers of edits to your user page, and per our user policy, you need to spend more time actually editing the wiki and less on your userpage. Furthermore, please pay attention to all information you are given regarding our policies on canon and such. Failure to follow such policies may result in a block. ProfessorTofty (talk) 01:57, January 28, 2013 (UTC)
- Let me be very clear here. This wiki has very specific policies regarding user conduct and editing, and nobody is held to a different standard. Intentionally or not, you have already violated two of our policies, both by making massive amounts of edits to your user page despite it clearly being stated in our user policy that such edits are not to be your primary contribution to the wiki, and by making personal attacks against a user by trying to claim they are being "mean" when they are simply trying to inform you of policy. You cannot simply "ban" another user from leaving legitimate messages to you regarding policy simply because you don't want to hear them. Your claim of improving articles is dubious at best-- your edits have been almost entirely to your userpage or talk pages. Furthermore, two of your edits have just been undone-- one because it seemed for no other reason than because you wanted to undo one of Hunnie Bunn's edits, but without stating why it needed to be undone, and two because there is no such thing as "the film adaptation of Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows: Part 2 - there was never a Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows: Part 2 book to begin with. Please quit trying to pass off your errors in judgment as threats and harassment on the part of another user. The next time you do so, or make any edits to your userpage for the time being, you will be blocked from editing. I also suggest you take some time to read over Harry Potter Wiki:Policy. Again, these are enforced. Oh, and I am an admin. ProfessorTofty (talk) 10:43, January 29, 2013 (UTC)
It's good to understand your perspective. I'm sorry that I didn't explain myself better; the line "I'm glad we can argue peacefully (this is high in irony)" wasn't meant to mean that it was ironic I was glad we could argue peacefully, but rather that it was ironic that we were able to peacefully argue, given the near antonymism of those two terms. As for the manuscripts being canon, it's simply the fact that the books neither said that she was alive nor that she died that we can allow the movies to fill in the blanks. Anyways, I'm glad we could resolve our issues. --Hunnie Bunn (Owl me!) 20:57, January 29, 2013 (UTC)
I suppose that sort of thing is worth adding to BTS... however, ProfessorTofty or Cubs Fan2007 might know better than me, as they've both been here longer. Sorry if I'm wrong and it gets removed. --Hunnie Bunn (Owl me!) 23:14, January 29, 2013 (UTC)