Before editing, be sure to read the wiki's policies. Please sign your name on Talk and vote pages using four tildes (~~~~) to automatically produce your name and the current date. Be sure to verify your e-mail address in your preferences. Before attempting any major article rewrites please read the layout guide. If you have any questions, check out the policy and help pages (see here for editing help), add a question to the Community portal, view the forum or ask me on my talk page. Again, welcome!
- That template's creating some formatting issues in the Deathly Hallows film article. 188.8.131.52 09:39, May 15, 2010 (UTC)
- I have corrected it, I hope. Sorry. AnthonyAppleyard 09:43, May 15, 2010 (UTC)
A few things
- Firstly, the tophat link should be a youmay, if you are going to add it Alastor Moody. Second, I don't want to sound like a jerk, but I have spent the past six months attempting to stylistically improve the English used on this wiki and find it very frustrating when you simplify entirely understandable sentences. There are many paragraphs on this wiki that read like Dick and Jane from kindergarten (ie They did this. Then, they did that. etc.). I only try to add some variation and improve on the clarity of the articles. Thank you, --JKoch(Owl Me!) 20:20, May 24, 2010 (UTC)
- As regards "on a regular basis" becoming "regularly", I was in school in the 1950's and I do not like the modern grossly overused "basis" construction. I never do anything on a basis. I use the good old adverb-forming suffix "-ly" which has been in English over 1000 years.
- I do not like pleonasm; if "three separate occasions" means merely "three occasions", and three occasions cannot be un-separate, there is no need for "separate". The number three "can carry it own suitcase" and does not need a servant. Likewise, "four different species" are merely "four species", as two non-different species are together one same species.
- See also wikipedia:Elegant variation. AnthonyAppleyard 20:36, May 24, 2010 (UTC)
In an interview JKR stated that Hermione is the only one to return to Hogwarts. Harry and Ron immediately go into the service of the ministry helping to track down escaped Death Eaters. --JKoch(Owl Me!) 20:51, June 13, 2010 (UTC)