Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
DURMSTRANG CASTLE IS IN NORWAY (ANNOTATED WITH BIBLIOGRAPHY)
Rowling gives enough information in Goblet of Fire and in a statement to fans in Glasgow to locate Durmstrang in Norway. She gives 10 very specific clues.
- In the "far north." (Rowling 2000, 11:167, 23:417)
- Access to the sea. (Rowling 2000, 15:246)
- Must predate 1294. (Rowling 2000, 12:187)
- Castle has only "four floors". (Rowling 2000, 23:417)
- Few hours of daylight in winter. (Rowling 2000, 23:417)
- Extensive grounds. (Rowling 2000, 23:417)
- Mountains. (Rowling 2000, 23:417)
- Lakes. (Rowling 2000, 23:417)
- Forests. (Rowling 2000, 23:417)
- "Somewhere in Scandinavia... Norway..." (Scruton 2000: Rowling Quote)
Read more >
If Durmstrang, a gross corruption of the German "Sturm und Drang" (Storm and Stress), lies to …