|Cole Jackson Herrington|
July 5, 1993
|Also known as||
Wavy dark brown
House of Herrington
- Harry: "Why are you so angry at us all the time?"
- Cole: "Harry, let me ask you, what if tonight everything you had was burned down around you? What if you and yours were down on the street and you were spat on? Told you were nothing. You're no good. What if it was yours cut down by blasted bullets of a gov'ment agent? One of yours you had to bury? Would you just sit back and say, "Oh well. Remember Ginny. She was such a sweet one. God bless her". You try to make some sense of it. You freakin' try. But you look around at all the people and you realize you're dealing with a gov'nment that's failed everyone...All sides. We Irish are a normal people in an abnormal situation fighting a disgusting ugly war that you English can't understand because you haven't lived it."
- — Cole explains his anger at the English to Harry
Although Cole wasn't a Death Eater, in his early life, he was very hateful because of the constant bullying he suffered for 7 years in middle and high school. The pain caused by the bullies made him angry. The anger lead to hate. Then, the hate lead to suffering. He never killed anyone, but his hate tore his soul apart like a Horcrux would. Eventually, his remorse and guilt saved him.
For a short time, Cole had strong Anglophobic feelings because of the British Empire's history of committing massacres, discrimination, slavery and other crimes against humanity against his Irish people. He later accepted that Harry and his friends weren't like those that committed such crimes.
- Cole: "I've had enough of your trickery."
- Voldermort: "Oh, but you will like this one. I promise. What if I could show you...the future?"
- Cole: "No...no...stop it."
- Voldermort: "Know yourself. Know what you will become!"
- — Voldemort tries to recruit Cole by showing him the future.
After realizing that Cole could become a potential ally, Voldemort approached him. Cole had been recently emotionally plagued with all the violence caused by the war. Voldemort offered an alliance to stop the violence. Cole outright refused. Always with a backup plan up his sleeve, Voldemort offered Cole a "gift", showing him visions of the future. Cole attempted to block it all out, but the images of him slaughtering his friends, manually strangling his girlfriend and bombing Hogwarts. His last and ultimate vision was of him in a hooded cloak, with red-rimmed yellow eyes, the trademark of the Sith.
- Cole: "The knowledge you seek is very powerful, James Potter. Use it carefully or it will lead you to the dark side."
- James: "I'm not afraid."
- Cole: "You should be. I once thought I was impervious to the lure of the dark side...I was mistaken. Do not take the same path as I."
- James: "Teach me. I am ready."
- — Cole Herrington's ghost to James Sirius Potter, Harry Potter's son, on defeating Voldemort's apprentice.
Shortly after Cole died, Voldemort's apprentice, Lord Reaper, revealed himself, reeking havoc on the magical world. Harry's eldest son, James Sirius Potter, came to the temple that held Cole's grave. As a ghost, Cole taught James how to resist Reaper's deadly aura effect, warning him also of the risks that the knowledge of such power could lead him to the dark side.
- Cole: "I'LL KILL YOU!"
- Voldemort: "Rise above this. Potter means nothing."
- Cole: "I WILL KILL YOU!"
- Voldemort: "If you wish to join the boy so be it. But his death gives you strength. Embrace it."
- Cole: "YOU WILL DIE WHERE YOU STAND!"
- — An enraged Cole attacks Voldemort after seeing Harry's body.
Cole was was a devout Irish American Catholic from Georgia. He was born with Aspergers syndrome, a mild form of autism that made him socially awkward and shy, making a target of bullying in school. The pain caused by bullies caused his anger and rage to skyrocket, becoming enraged at the slightest thing. After meeting Harry Potter and his friends, he learned to control his anger. But when he saw the seemingly lifeless body of Harry Potter, his grief gave way to rage, which took full control of him, causing him to attack Voldemort with his lightsaber.
While Cole power as a Jedi rivaled Harry Potter's magic powers. Instead of a wand, Cole used a blue-bladed lightsaber. Cole briefly showed his dark side by choking Ron Weasley when he insulted Cole's love of his ancestral home of Ireland.
|This user is from the U.S.A.|
|This user's favourite book is Deathly Hallows.|
|This user's favourite movie is Harry Potter and the Half-Blood Prince.|
|This user is a fan of Ginny Weasley.|
|This user is a former duelling champion.|
|This user's Patronus is an Eagle.|
|This user believes in the Greater Good.|
|This user is also an editor in the Star Wars Wiki.|