Alastor "Mad-Eye" Moody (d. 27 July, 1997) was a wizard, arguably the most renowned Auror of all time, and a pivotal member of the Order of the Phoenix during the First and Second Wizarding Wars. Moody served with distinction during the first conflict, gaining a considerable reputation, as well as losing an eye, leg, and part of his nose while fighting the Dark Arts. To this end, Moody became overly-cautious and paranoid about his security. In 1994, he accepted Albus Dumbledore's offer to teach Defence Against the Dark Arts at Hogwarts, but was temporarily kidnapped by Barty Crouch Jr., who disguised himself as Moody. After he was rescued, the real Moody became a member of the second Order of the Phoenix. He fought in several battles of the war, including the Battle of the Department of Mysteries in 1996 and the Battle over Little Whinging in 1997, where he was killed by Lord Voldemort. His eye (the only part of Moody that was found) was buried by Harry Potter in the Forest near where the 422nd Quidditch World Cup had been held three years earlier.
Pet Peeves About Others' Editing on the Wiki
- When people do not capitalise names or other proper nouns.
- When people do not use periods at the end of a picture's description.
- When people put things such as "the film adaptation of Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows: Part 2", and "Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows: Part 2 (movie)"; people - there is no book called Deathly Hallows: Part 2! The book is one part, the movie is in two parts! Therefore, you cannot adapt a book into a film that's never been a book in the first place!
- When people edit information in User articles.
- When people put false information in sections.
- When people wonder about the validity of information because it comes from the books and not the movies.
- Furthermore, when people use information from the films and not the books in cases where book canon must be used.
- When there are so many pictures on an article that you can barely read the actual article.
- On a side note, when people misspell "Grawp" as "Gworp". Who is "Gworp"?? You call yourselves fans??
My favorite pages
- Add links to your favorite pages on the wiki here!
- Favorite page #2
- Favorite page #3