|Ursula Black (née Flint)|
Ursula Black (née Flint) was a pure-blood witch and the wife of Phineas Nigellus Black, a headmaster of Hogwarts School of Witchcraft and Wizardry. The couple had five children: Sirius, Phineas, Cygnus, Belvina, and Arcturus Black.
Ursula is an ancestor of many pure-blood witches and wizards in Britain.
The name Ursula means "little bear", derived from the Latin word ursa, "she-bear", which gives its name to two constellations associated with the Greek myth of Callisto, a nymph who was turned into a bear. Saint Ursula was a legendary Roman-British princess who was martyred by the Huns while returning from a pilgrimage in the fourth century.
Behind the scenes
- Ursula Flint may be related to Marcus Flint, captain of the Slytherin Quidditch team during the early years of the 1990s.
- Harry Potter and the Order of the Phoenix (film) (Appears on Black family tapestry)
Notes and references
- ↑ Cygnus Black II was born that year.
- ↑ 2.00 2.01 2.02 2.03 2.04 2.05 2.06 2.07 2.08 2.09 2.10 2.11 2.12 2.13 2.14 2.15 2.16 2.17 2.18 2.19 Black family tree
- ↑ They share the same surname; unlike family connections in the Muggle world, where people with the same surnames may be unrelated to one another, families in the Wizarding world who share the same surname are more than likely part of the same family line.
- ↑ Black family tree
- ↑ Behind the Name: Ursula