Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
- "Red, white and blue sparks are currently so thick in the air that it is both difficult to breathe or see."
- —Ginevra Weasley
Red sparks (incantation unknown) is a spell used to shoot a jet of red sparks from the tip of the wand. It is covered in the book The Dark Forces: A Guide to Self-Protection, and may be related to Green Sparks. Vermillious may be related to, or even be the incantation for, this spell.
- In 1992, while searching for an injured unicorn, Rubeus Hagrid instructed Harry Potter, Hermione Granger, Neville Longbottom, and Draco Malfoy to send red sparks in the air if they were trouble, and Neville Longbottom did use it later that night.
- In 1995, champions who were lost in the Third Task Maze would send up red sparks, and when Viktor Krum got knocked out, Harry used the Red Sparks to signal that he was down.
- It's possible that the Order of the Phoenix might have used the spell in 1995 as the signal for the Advance Guard escorting Harry Potter to 12 Grimmauld Place.
- Following the United States of America's win at the semi-finals of the 2014 Quidditch World Cup against Liechtenstein, red, white and blue sparks filled the air so thickly it was difficult to see or breathe.
- Harry Potter and the Philosopher's Stone (First appearance)
- Harry Potter and the Goblet of Fire
- Harry Potter and the Order of the Phoenix (Possible appearance)
- Pottermore (First identified as Red sparks) (Spells/Duels)
- LEGO Harry Potter: Years 1-4