|"Are you a wizard or not?"
The title of this article is conjectural. Although it is based on canonical information, the actual name is conjecture and may be supplanted at any time by additional information released from canonical sources. If this occurs, please move this page to the appropriate title.
- "And there was the Horntail, at the other end of the enclosure, crouched low over her clutch of eggs, her wings half-furled, her evil, yellow eyes upon him, a monstrous brown dragon, thrashing her spiked tail, heaving yard-long gouge marks in the hard ground."
- —Harry Potter meets the Hungarian Horntail[src]
This unidentified Hungarian Horntail was the female dragon that Harry Potter had to get by in the First Task of the 1994 Triwizard Tournament. Due to his earlier espionage, Harry was, in fact, aware of the sole remaining choice before he drew it from the bag. According to Charles Weasley, she could shoot fire forty feet. He felt sorry for whomever got the Horntail, as its "back end's as dangerous as its front", and felt unable to tell his mother of the terrors awaiting Harry.
After the task, Harry kept a miniature version of the Horntail that he received when he drew the Horntail for that Task.
- Harry Potter and the Goblet of Fire (First appearance)
- Harry Potter and the Goblet of Fire (film)
- Harry Potter and the Goblet of Fire (video game)
- LEGO Harry Potter: Building the Magical World
- LEGO Harry Potter: Characters of the Magical World
- LEGO Harry Potter: Years 1-4
- Harry Potter LEGO Sets
- Harry Potter: The Character Vault (mentioned only)
- Harry Potter: The Creature Vault