- "They moved Voldemort's body and laid it in a chamber off the Hall, away from the bodies of Fred, Tonks, Lupin, Colin Creevey, and fifty others who died fighting him."
- —Description of the post-Battle[src]
The Fallen Fifty (d. 2 May, 1998) were the unknown people who were killed fighting Lord Voldemort and his Death Eaters in the Battle of Hogwarts, the final conflict of the Second Wizarding War. They did not die in vain as their cause had been won after their deaths. At the end of the battle, all of the bodies were placed together in the Great Hall.
Behind the scenes
- Besides Severus Snape, Fred Weasley, Vincent Crabbe, Colin Creevey, Lavender Brown, and Remus and Nymphadora Lupin, all the other casualties were unidentified individuals, although Gregory Goyle died in place of Crabbe in the final film as well. It is possible that the Unidentified Hogwarts students killed on the Seventh Floor and Unidentified wizard killed at the Quad battlements are part of the Fallen Fifty.
- It is likely most of them were adults at least seventeen years old, as Harry Potter did not see anyone he recognised dead, besides those he named. It is likely that half of the fallen would have been fellow students, the rest possibly members of the Order of the Phoenix, staff members, or residents of Hogsmeade. There may well have been even more casualties than just fifty, but the bodies of these may not have been collected at that point, as Colin Creevey's body was discovered out on the school grounds by Oliver Wood and Neville Longbottom and as Hogwarts is such a large place it is unlikely that all bodies were retrieved and brought back to the Hall during that phase of the battle. In addition, we know that the Death Eaters created many explosions and fires, and some bodies were probably lost in fires or explosions, like Hedwig. Some might have also fallen into the ravines or been Transfigured. This also didn't include any Death Eaters that may have died during the battle.
- Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows (First appearance)
- Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows: Part 2
- Harry Potter and the Cursed Child (First identified as The Fallen Fifty)