|"Are you a wizard or not?"
The title of this article is conjectural. Although it is based on canonical information, the actual name is conjecture and may be supplanted at any time by additional information released from canonical sources. If this occurs, please move this page to the appropriate title.
- "An aged witch stood in front of him, holding a tray of what looked horribly like whole human fingernails. She leered at him, showing mossy teeth."
She witnessed Harry Potter wandering Knockturn Alley, staring anxiously around and clutching his broken glasses tightly to his face. Seeing his distress, she asked him if he was lost, only frightening him by her leer.
Rubeus Hagrid soon arrived, having planned to buy some Flesh-Eating Slug Repellent, although his plans were forgotten when he saw Harry with the witch. His arrival, combined with his prodigious size, scared her and caused her to drop most of the fingernails, at which point she cursed.
When Hagrid grabbed Harry and dragged him away, he accidentally knocked the tray out of the witch's hands; her terrified shrieks echoed against the cold stone walls, following the pair out of the alley.
The witch had pitch-black hair, the tips of which were a light grey; her hair was dirty and fell down to her shoulders. Her wrinkled skin was pale, although when bathed in shadow it appeared quite tan. Her narrow eyes were a dark green colour, almost appearing blue or green in certain lights. She was rather elderly by August of 1992, and had mossy teeth.
Behind the scenes
- Jenny Tarren portrayed this witch in the film adaptation of Harry Potter and the Chamber of Secrets
- In the Game Boy Advance version of the Harry Potter and the Chamber of Secrets video game, this woman is referred to as a hag rather than a witch.
- Harry Potter and the Philosopher's Stone (video game) (PS1 version only)
- Harry Potter and the Chamber of Secrets (First appearance)
- Harry Potter and the Chamber of Secrets (film)
- Harry Potter and the Chamber of Secrets (video game) (PS1 version only)
Notes and references
- ↑ 1.0 1.1 1.2 1.3 1.4 1.5 Harry Potter and the Chamber of Secrets (film)
- ↑ As that day was "a week" after Harry arrived at The Burrow, which in turn was "three days" after Harry's birthday, 31 July. There are seven days in a week, plus the other three days, equals ten days and as 31 July is the last day in that month all ten days would have been in August.
- ↑ 3.0 3.1 Harry Potter and the Chamber of Secrets (Chapter 4 - At Flourish and Blotts)