Lestrange (born c. 1926) was a pure-blood wizard and a Slytherin student at Hogwarts School of Witchcraft and Wizardry. He was a member of Tom Riddle's gang when they attended Hogwarts, a member of the Slug Club and one of the earliest Death Eaters.
Lestrange attended Hogwarts School of Witchcraft and Wizardry, and was sorted into Slytherin house, eventually becoming a member of Professor Horace Slughorn's Slug Club. He was also a member of Tom Riddle's gang when they were classmates. During his time at school, Lestrange forgot to turn in a Potions essay for Professor Slughorn and was nearly put in detention. After Hogwarts, Lestrange became one of Voldemort's first Death Eaters.
Behind the scenes
- It is possible that Lestrange was deceased before the Second Wizarding War, but this has not been confirmed. If he survived, he would have been around seventy years old when Voldemort returned to power.
- It is possible he was the father of Rodolphus and Rabastan Lestrange.
- Harry Potter and the Half-Blood Prince (First appearance) (Appears in flashback(s))
- Harry Potter and the Half-Blood Prince (film) (Appears in flashback(s))
- Harry Potter and the Half-Blood Prince (video game) (Appears in flashback(s))
Notes and references
Alecto Carrow | Amycus Carrow | Antonin Dolohov | Augustus Rookwood | Avery (I) | Avery (II) |
Barty Crouch Jr. | Bellatrix Lestrange | Crabbe | Evan Rosier | Gibbon | Goyle |
Jugson | Lestrange | Mulciber (I) | Mulciber (II) | Nott | Pyrites (possibly) | Rabastan Lestrange | Rodolphus Lestrange | Rosier | Selwyn | Thorfinn Rowle | Travers | Walden Macnair | Wilkes | Yaxley
|Death Eaters who Defected:|
|Death Eaters' allies:|
Albert Runcorn | Borgin | Dolores Umbridge | Fenrir Greyback | Golgomath |
Gregory Goyle | John Dawlish | Mafalda Hopkirk | Narcissa Malfoy (defected) | Pansy Parkinson | Quirinus Quirrell | Scabior | Vincent Crabbe
Dementors | Draco Malfoy's gang | Giants (Golgomath's control) | Muggle-Born Registration Commission | Snatchers | Werewolves