|"Are you a wizard or not?"
The title of this article is conjectural. Although it is based on canonical information, the actual name is conjecture and may be supplanted at any time by additional information released from canonical sources. If this occurs, please move this page to the appropriate title.
This wizard was appointed Headmaster of Hogwarts at some unknown time. After his death, his portrait was hung in the Headmaster's office, in order to give advice to the current head. He was depicted sleeping in an chair while studying a book with a celestial globe on the table.
Behind the scenes
- This portrait was painted by artist Steve Mitchell. Mitchell created several portraits for the Harry Potter films.
- The portrait that hangs in the Headmaster's office set at The Making of Harry Potter contains text in the upper right corner that was not present on the original portrait by Steve Mitchell.
- The Making of Harry Potter (Appears in portrait(s))
Notes and references
- ↑ 1.0 1.1 J. K. Rowling stated at the Edinburgh Book Festival on 15 August 2014 (source) that all portraits at Hogwarts School of Witchcraft and Wizardry are of deceased individuals. Thus, this headmaster must have died sometime in or before the 1990s, given his portrait's appearance in the Headmaster's office set at The Making of Harry Potter.
- ↑ 2.0 2.1 2.2 The Making of Harry Potter (see this image)
- ↑ Portrait page on Steve Mitchell's official site
- ↑ Portrait portfolio on Steve Mitchell's official site